Aol Desktop Gold
Steps to Resolve SSL Error in Sbcglobal Email
If you are continuously troubled by SSL error in Sbcglobal email then, instead of hovering around, simply get the relevant solution to fix your whole problem.
In this guide, you’ll find:
- Reasons for SSL connection error
- What’s an SSL problem?- The Complete Meaning and Use
- Troubleshooting steps to fix Sbcglobal account giving SSL issues
Now, let’s get to each section one-by-one!
Why SSL Error appears when people Access Sbcglobal Account?
You must take a look at the following reasons before getting to the resolution section.
As, this will help you understand- what’s causing the invalid SSL in sbcglobal and later, follow the right steps that hit the core.
Inaccurate Date & Time
When the time and date displayed on Taskbar of your screen doesn’t match with your current country or region then, it will trouble you with SSL error in Sbcglobal email.
Firewall or third-party security software sometimes, block un-trusted website on your device. As a result, you see SSL error message.
Outdated SSL Certificate
If the SSL certificate of SBC email is not renewed- this error will automatically display for every user unless the certificate is upgraded.
These are the highly relatable reasons for SSL error in Sbcglobal email.
But, what exactly is SSL and the after-effects of its error? - Read further to know more!
What do you mean by SSL error in Sbcglobal email?
If an email service like Sbcglobal.net tries to build a secure connection over the network but failed to do so; because the same feature is not enabled on your device, that is normally SSL error.
It doesn’t matter which device you are using to access att yahoo login, the SSL error message won’t allow to open or access emails on your account. Sometimes, you won’t even see any error message on the screen- in that case, check for the red color text in the left side of URL field.
Now, to fix the SSL problem in your Sbc account, you may try some of the general solutions first:
- Enable SSL in SMTP Settings of Sbcglobal Email Account. If you’re using some email client like Outlook then, open its SMTP server settings and toggle the button next to SSL.
- SSL option is still disabled in your Sbcglobal program then, change your SMTP port to ‘465’ or ‘587’.
If your browser still displays SSL error for sbcglobal then, it’s time to troubleshoot the problem using some advanced fixes.
Troubleshoot: SSL Error in Sbcglobal Email
If you are seeing SSL error while trying to access sbcglobal.net email page from a particular browser then, following steps will surely help you:
- Open the browser window that’s troubling you.
Note: We have taken an example of Google Chrome to help you understand and troubleshoot the SSL problem.
- Tap on menu icon at the top-right corner of the browser window and click on ‘Settings’ from the pulled-down menu.
- Further, tap on Advanced Settings and navigate to ‘Content Settings’ under privacy section.
- Now, ensure that the option ‘Allow local data to be set’ is enabled under ‘Cookies’.
Note: This setting will allow both first and third party cookies in the browser.
- Once completed, click on DONE to save the settings.
If your SSL problem still persists then, let’s get more specific with the Invalid SSL problem in sbcglobal and then, troubleshoot it later.
Error 1: SSL Certificate is not trusted
This kind of error usually occurs when your browser window refuses to trust the typed URL.
However, you can easily avoid it by installing certificates issued by trusted certificate authority.
Error 2: Mismatched SSL Certificate
If you have misspelled the DNS name or have typed the incomplete domain or hostname then, you’ll continue to see an error stating mismatch SSL certificate.
For better understanding, please refer the example:
If you try to access SBC via URL ‘sbclogin.com’, while the certificate has been issued for ‘Sbcglobal.net email login’, in that case, the certificate error gets on your screen.
Getting SSL certificate error for sbcglobal?
Contact Email Support team @855-500-8462 for solution
Error 3: “SSL Connection Error – ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR Chrome/IE/Firefox”
For this particular error, try the following steps one-by-one unless your SSL error in Sbcglobal Email gets fixed.
Solution 1: Disable QUIC Protocol
- Open your browser window like Google Chrome and type- chrome://flags/#enable-quic in the URL field.
- After you hit ENTER, ensure Experimental QUIC protocol is disabled on the window.
- Later, at the page bottom, tap on Re-launch button.
The SSL error window will go away! In case- it didn’t then, try the next solution in queue.
Solution 2: Delete Host file
- Open run windows or press ‘Windows+R’ button on keyboard altogether for the same.
- Then type C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ in the provided filed and hit Enter.
- Locate the file with the hostname and right-click to select Delete option.
Finally, restart the browser to see if your SSL trouble gets resolved for Sbc website or not!
Solution 3: Clear SSL State
Unclear SSL state may also block your sbc email website with SSL connection error. In order to fix it:
- Go to Control Panel and open Network and sharing center window.
- Next, choose Internet options from the bottom-left pane and tap on Content tab.
- From the newly opened window, click on ‘Clear SSL State’ and OK button.
These steps will clear the SSL cache! Now, restart your browser and try launching yahoo sbc login again.
Still struggling with SSL error? Then, move onto the next step.
Solution 4: Update the System Time
- For this, click on Date and time in windows taskbar (where you can see the date and time getting displayed).
- Then, tap on change date and time settings to open its window.
- In the next step, check the date and time region selected. It should match with your current location.
- In case, the present location and time on your computer or laptop differ then, modify it.
Solution 5: Check Firewall Settings
- Open firewall setting from Control Panel and go to Firewall status.
- If the firewall settings have the SBC website name or IP address stored in its account- then, delete it quickly.
This way, your sbc email webpage will be removed from the firewall threat list.
Solution 6: Remove or Disable Extension
Your browser extension may also cause SSL connection error. Therefore, to fix it:
- Open Browser’s menu and navigate to Extension column.
- Next, click on ‘x’ icon or delete button next to the extension that you feel is troubling you with the SBC access.
Note: To open all the extensions, you may even simply type chrome://extensions/ in the browser window.
After trying all the above steps, if you still can’t get rid of SSL error in Sbcglobal email then, check your Sbcglobal email settings.
If you still see Invalid or expired SSL certificate of att.yahoo.com,
Reach Email experts for help @855-500-8462