Aol Desktop Gold
Unable to Setup Roadrunner email in Outlook- Help me!
Trying to setup roadrunner email in Outlook?
But failed to succeed because of error messages like SSL check failure or incorrect POP/IMAP settings?
Want to know- how can you beat such spectrum email error yourself?
Then, watch out the steps in guide ahead and make your way to configure Roadrunner Email Service with MS Outlook.
From this post, you’ll learn:
- Different causes for failed rr.com email setup with Outlook
- Minimum system requirements to setup spectrum email
- Steps to fix Outlook - Road Runner mail setup
Now, without wasting time, let us get these aforestated things underway.
Why does Roadrunner email account refuse to setup on Outlook?
First of all, it’s important to understand that the spectrum email settings outlook are majorly relating to IMAP/POP or SMTP server. If you type any wrong value for these servers then, your charter email account will never sync with the Outlook software.
However, apart from this major hurdle- you cannot afford to miss out other trouble-makers, which otherwise-sometimes may also stop you from login roadrunner email account!
Want to know- how? Then, check out the list of reasons below:
To connect your rr.com account with Outlook- you need the access to mail server available over the web. So, if the signal strength is quite weak and you’re unable to maintain a stable Internet connection then, you’ll never be able to setup spectrum email with Outlook.
System security software like firewall and windows defender always has a list of possible threats to device. So, if you feel that the settings info shared by you is correct then, surely one of the security software must be stopping roadrunner email to setup on Outlook.
Usually, extensions installed on browser window don’t cause any trouble. But, in case- you have checked for all other reasons then, disable these extensions in browser settings temporarily.
If you’re able to setup roadrunner email later then, it’s time to find an alternative for the installed extensions.
Who doesn’t know- about them and their effects? I guess- hardly any!
So, if you find that the roadrunner settings keep changing or the Outlook program is operating automatically then, scan your device.
As, most of the time- it’s the Virus, Trojan, or worms that causes trouble!
Cant Send or Receive Roadrunner Emails Read this guide.
Expired SSL certificate of Outlook
If you haven’t upgraded the Outlook program or you feel that its files have got corrupt then, every time you try opening the program- the expired SSL error message will display on screen.
So, now as you know some of the most common reasons for Outlook not connecting to mail server- it’s time to troubleshoot them one-by-one!
If you need experts help to fix Roadrunner email setup issue in Outlook then,
feel free to contact them @855-500-8462.
Troubleshoot Error: Can’t setup Roadrunner email in Outlook
Without thinking much, let’s jump right in the steps to sync roadrunner email with Outlook.
Note: The following steps to setup TWC email are easy to apply for Outlook 2013, 2016, or 2019. In case, you are using Outlook 2010, the steps would remain same. Only the terms referred may differ.
Automatic Configuration- Outlook
Start by trying to setup Roadrunner email with Outlook automatically.
If you have tried the steps before then, you may go with the manual configuration explained further.
However, for now- execute the steps to add rr.com email account to Outlook automatically:
- Launch Ms-Outlook from start menu of your device.
- Then, from the menu bar, click on File tab and select Account settings from the pulled down list.
- From another opened window, click on Email tab and choose New.
- An email account section will open, where you need to type your Roadrunner email username and password.
In case, you can’t remember the login credentials then, see how to recover Roadrunner email password.
- After completing this formality, tap on Auto Account setup option.
- Wait for the process to complete.
You’ll get a confirmation message of process completion on screen.
- Try one more time, if the automatic Roadrunner email-Outlook setup process fails.
- Once completed, click on Finish and Close button.
However, if nothing seems to Setup Spectrum Email on Microsoft Outlook, try the manual procedure defined ahead.
Looking to setup Microsoft Outlook for Mac? – Then, stay tuned!
Manual Configuration for Twc email-Outlook setup
Don’t worry! The steps are quite easy. In case, you feel like contacting experts at any point then, you may ask for help.
But for now, let’s get this show on road!
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your device and complete the normal setup wizard process (if using for the first time).
- Then, go to File tab in menu bar and click on Email tab in the new window.
- Next, tap on new button and choose Manual setup option or additional server types from the list.
- Now, click on Next button and choose IMAP/POP3 from the account type drop-down box.
- Later, type the user, server, and logon information in the respective field to complete the manual configuration process.
For detailed steps, see Roadrunner email settings in the post link.
- Also, check the logon box named Secure Password Authentication (SPA).
- Afterward, check your Internet connection and make sure that you are logged in the server.
- Lastly, click on Test Account settings to know what changes are made in initial setup of Outlook.
- You may then, click on Next and Finish button
Note: In case, you are using Outlook-365, prefer using POP server settings instead of IMAP.
Still can’t Setup Roadrunner email in Outlook?
Contact Email Support team @855-500-8462 for help