Aol Desktop Gold
Sbcglobal Email Setting - Guide to fix Sbcglobal not connecting to server
Learn to change modify Sbcglobal Email Setting.
Now, because sbcglobal.net email’s account settings have a great role in server connection, so let’s begin with them.
After reading this guide, you’ll be able to:-
- Configure Sbcglobal email settings on any device
- Setup and update AT&T email account
- Resolve email errors like “Connection to Server failed’
- Fix Sbcglobal email not working issue (in certain cases)
For detailed solution to email not responding, see How to fix sbcglobal email not working.
How to Fix Sbcglobal email settings for Server Connection?
Whether you are trying to access email account on mobile devices or laptop, the following settings will apply to all.
To add on, for smooth access to sbcglobal email online, you’ll need IMAP/POP and SMTP settings.
So, select your server and go with the steps defined further.
- Open your email account on your device and navigate to its Settings.
- Next, select Accounts tab and click on Add account button.
- Type your email address/username and password.
Note: Your account will automatically retrieve the server settings and will help you connect with server.
- In case, you’re unsuccessful in setting up the accounts, then again type your sbcglobal email login credentials.
- And, this time choose Manual Setup option.
How to configure SMTP & IMAP/POP setting in Sbcglobal email manually?
Use these steps to setup your email account with configured SMTP and IMAP settings:
- Once you click on manual setup option (as defined above), fill in the relevant information in the fields- as explained below:
Manual sbcglobal email settings IMAP
It’s not a table just separate section
- In case, you want to select POP3 server, following at&t email setting will help you:
Important: After you are done typing these settings, select the option: ‘automatically test account settings when Next is clicked.'
Note: The settings are also applicable in case you wish to access email via Outlook or Windows Live Mail. For exclusive Outlook solution, check How to setup sbcglobal email in Outlook.
- Once, the settings are saved, restart your device and try accessing your at&t email account.
In case, the sbcglobal email settings- didn’t help resolve your sbcglobal email issue- look for the solutions to some more causes making the problem worse.
Can’t configure email settings?
Ask Email Experts for help @855-500-8462
Troubleshoot: ‘Can’t connect Sbcglobal.net email to its server’ Issue
Before digging in more feasible solutions, take the following precautions into consideration:
- Your device must be properly connected to Internet.
- There should be no intermittent network connection.
- Your sbcglobal email settings are configured accurately.
- In case, you’re accessing sbc email account on some wireless device, it must be installed properly (referring application format).
However, if you can’t access sbcglobal email on wireless device, see detailed post on how to get sbcglobal email on wireless device.
- Your device has upgraded firmware with no corrupt files.
- Last but not least, make sure you’re typing correct URL address of the website (if trying to access via desktop).
If all things are checked and considered as done, you’re then ready to implement these steps:
Solution 1: For Sbcglobal email App, run ‘Safe mode with networking’
This function will help you repair all the corrupt files including registry that stops email from connecting to server.
To run your email in safe mode,
- Restart your device and press F5 key on keyboard (in case, you’re using desktop).
- Select the option ‘Safe mode with networking’ from the list and hit ENTER.
- If you have applied any system lock then, login to sbcglobal.net email.
Note: In case, you had problem while setting up sbcglobal email settings earlier, try configuring it from this mode.
- Finally, troubleshoot the corrupt files and restart your device in normal mode.
Solution 2: Customize Date and Time Settings
Based on your location and region, set date and time setting on device!
For instance, if your current location is US, select Eastern Time (US and Canada) from the drop-down list. Same settings also, apply in case of date.
Note: The settings are also applicable, if you are traveling internationally.
Some time you may face error in sbc email after mac updates for that refer Troubleshoot Sbcglobal email issues faced after Mac Update
Solution 3: Disable or Configure Proxy settings
- Most likely, we recommend disabling VPN services or proxy server.
- However, if you don’t wish to disable these services, configure using the following steps:
Steps to proxy settings:
Solution 4: Disable System Security temporarily
This troubleshooting technique is essential.
Want to know why?
Explanation: System security software like firewall, defenders, and any third-party installed anti-virus- have a filter that sometimes, doesn’t allow applications or email programs like at&t to connect with sever.
Now, if you want to disable them on your device, go to device settings.
Suggestion: Disable one security program at a time. And, check simultaneously- if your AT&T email connects to server or not!
If there’s any security software that’s troubling, replace it with a better alternative.
If you are able to connect with sbcglobal email server but can’t login due to authentication issue, see guide: How to reset sbcglobal email password
Still, sbcglobal.net not connecting to server?
Contact Email experts @1-855-500-8462 for Troubleshoot