Aol Desktop Gold
Troubleshoot: Roadrunner Email Over Quota | 855-500-8462
Roadrunner email over quota is quite a rare but complicated issue.
If you are one of those twc users, who are looking for some meaningful solution to email quota error then, your answer is there in the guide ahead.
While you navigate through the post, you’ll find:
- Meaning of Error 550 over quota roadrunner email
- How can I know the Email quota of my roadrunner account
- Reasons for rr notifying that email storage quota is exceeded
- How to fix email that is over quota? - The Solution
So, let’s learn how you can beat the error and get the smooth working roadrunner email back.
What is an email quota?
If you are seeing the email quota error for the first time then, it’s vital for you to understand its meaning before heading towards the troubleshooting.
Meaning: The word "quota" here means the highest limit of disk space that can be taken over by the rr email. And, this functional property isn't there on your device, in fact its there on the email service provider’s server.
Talking about roadrunner email, the quota limit is 5GB, which is given to every user who sign up for roadrunner email login service. Additionally, if you have one master account with multiple rr emails attached then, this 5GB disk storage space can be divided accordingly.
Note: The amount of data that you can send or receive in one email at a time limit to 25MB (including images).
What does quota exceed mean on roadrunner?
When your roadrunner account reaches its limit (i.e. you have used 99% of the space in account) and you receive another email on the same account that is referred to as roadrunner email over quota.
In this situation, one of the following two things can happen:
- The email trying to enter your account will be bounced back by the email service provider i.e. roadrunner server. OR,
- You will get a message from twc server for the overflowing email quota that informs you about the status of your rr email.
Whatever be the case, the email bounce will be created in either of the two cases.
Note: Other than this, you may also see the percent of disk space utilized at the end of email box on each page.
Hope it helps you know, where to see the email quota of roadrunner email.
What causes Roadrunner email to exceed quota?
There is not much that needs to be mentioned about the cause. However, to avoid any such problems from re-occurring in future-it important you get aware of the reasons.
Seems strange but it's true! When you are out on a holiday, the emails get accumulated on your roadrunner email inbox. And, because they aren't deleted, this makes rr mail quota overflow.
Erroneous email settings
Are you using Roadrunner email over third-party email clients like Outlook?
If that's a yes- then, its the inaccurate delivery settings of your account that causes email quota exceed error.
If you notice emails from unknown user entering your account even after you have deleted them an hour ago then, surely these are the spam emails that are trying to utilize all the space of your rr account.
Last but not least, if your roadrunner email address is under the eye of hackers then, they can make email quota of your account overflow without signing in. In technical terms, it is referred to as security threat to your network.
Troubleshoot: Roadrunner email over quota error
To delete too much of the mails lying in rr account or manage in another way- refer the solutions below.
Solution1: Login Roadrunner master account & Change Email Quota settings
Roadrunner gifts at least 8 of email accounts to users with one master account (from where you can manage all other rr accounts).
And, to get rid of roadrunner email over quota issue, you need to make following changes via master account.
- Go for Roadrunner email login through any browser window of your device.
Note: Make sure the account that you login is rr master account.
In any case, if you are unable to login roadrunner account, see:
Steps to reset Roadrunner email password
- Next, tap on Settings option near to top of mail screen.
- And, later click on Manage Mailbox accounts.
- Choose the roadrunner email address from the list that you want to change the email quota for.
- In the opened dialog box, change the quota value to make the size larger (that you needed).
You may sign-in rr email address (account that was troubling you) to confirm- if the roadrunner email over quota error gets away or not!
Most likely, the issue will resolve!
Solution 2: Leave roadrunner mail (only) for certain days on server
If you are still struggling then, you need to make certain more changes in TWC settings with following steps:
- Enter rr mail account and navigate to its Settings.
- Then, tap on Mail option and choose PREFERENCES from the list.
- Go to Accounts window and tap on ‘Advanced’ tab for account preferences.
- Move down to Delivery section and check the boxes with option: Remove from server.
Note: Provide the days count to keep a copy of message on server.
There’s also a remove button that you can press in case- you wish to remove all messages from the server.
Need immediate assistance for Mail over quota-Time Warner cable?
Find answer with Email experts @855-500-8462
Solution 3: Remove mails from Inbox, Sent, Drafts, and Trash
Roadrunner count messages only in certain folders against your email quota. So, if you want to remove the email quota exceeded error then, here are some more troubleshooting steps that you can take:
- Login to your rr.com webmail and delete all the messages that you find useless.
- Download the emails onto your device like computer and later- delete them from webmail.
- Alternatively, create another folder in your rr webmail account and move all the emails in it so, you can create more space in email quota.
Solution 4: Manage Roadrunner email Quota using Outlook
Another most popular way to resolve the roadrunner webmail over quota error is to create an email archive in Outlook folder.
Note: By using Microsoft Outlook, you can move all your rr mails from a busy inbox to a local store. As a result, there will always be free space available on your email account.
Now for the steps, check out the points below:
- Launch MS-Outlook in your Windows device and tap on Tools in menu bar.
- Next, scroll down to Account Settings in the pulled-down menu and tap on Data Files tab.
- Click on Add button in the window and choose "Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst) from the list. Tap on OK button.
- Then, give the file name for Archive and decide its location on your device.
Note: Keep the file name and the Displayed name as same.
- Tap on Close button and the archive will be created below the mailbox in Outlook.
- Create a new folder under Archive and drag your mails inside it.
If Roadrunner email over quota issue prevails then, stay tuned for some more technical solution.
Solution 5: Use POP3 settings over IMAP to remove Roadrunner email over quota
Before heading for this solution of changing mail settings to POP3, its vital to understand- what’s bring the difference and HOW!
- Well, if your roadrunner account has IMAP settings as configured then, all the emails, which aren’t deleted from the account- are there on the email service provider’s server. That means, downloading emails on your device doesn’t free up any space on your server.
- On the other hand, if you use POP3 settings then, the email downloaded from POP server will get onto your machine and removes from the mail server. This way, free space automatically gets created against your email quota.
Important: However, the program may not run effectively if you are using rr mail login often via mobile device as well.
To avoid this above ramification, see How to sync roadrunner emails on different devices.
Now, to change from IMAP to POP3 server, refer roadrunner email settings guide for detailed solution.
Still bothered by Roadrunner email over quota error?
Ask Email experts for solution @ 855-500-8462
Steps to determine the allotted Email Quota
If you have succeeded with any solution stated above then, following steps can help you search for the roadrunner email quota on web.
To know the space available on your email account, try the following steps:
- Open the properties of your Roadrunner mailbox and check if you can see anything concerning quota or not.
- In case, you find nothing then, right-click on INBOX folder tap on Properties-> then, QUOTA.
- Wait for a while and sooner you'll see a quota relating indication on the Status bar.
Note: You may even install an extension that indicates your rr email quota.
Here's how to check the email quota for POP account on device:
- Confirm the current size of spectrum inbox.
- Delete any old and waste emails as, instructed in Solution 3.
- Move some of the roadrunner mails in archiving folder.
- Check the folder size to know if it has gone down or not.