Aol Desktop Gold
Roadrunner Email Error 501 | Step by Step Fix | 855-500-8462
After hours of try, are you tired seeing roadrunner email error 501 on your screen?
Even changing roadrunner settings, doesn’t seem of any help?
Well, in that case- first of all, we suggest checking and comparing your configured roadrunner email settings in Outlook, Android, iPhone, or Mac device for one last time. Because, a slight mismatch will cause the roadrunner email problem to prevail over a long time.
While you go through the guide, you’ll find:
- Exact meaning of rr email error 501
- Reasons that trigger email server error 501 in spectrum
- Troubleshooting steps to fix 501 email Server Error in rr email
- Technical fixes for 501 roadrunner email server error
For detailed section of these indexed topics, let us delve deeper in the post.
What is Roadrunner email error 501? - Know Here
Many believe that SMTP 501 rr error is relating emails sending while others consider it as system error. However, it is actually a syntax error that is in the parameters or arguments of the roadrunner webmail.
In simple words, if you are using invalid email address to send mail or there’s any connection issue with the rr server/router or something is wrong with the system settings then, you will see a dialog box with error message: “SMTP error 501 in roadrunner server” on your device screen.
Want to find out- what’s the actual cause of your roadrunner error 501?
Well, for this you need to look for the below stated signs of rr email 501 trouble.
You may even check the solution in guide: Can’t Send or receive Roadrunner emails.
Why do I see Roadrunner email error message 501 on screen?
Seeing an error dialog box with code 501 isn't the only way to diagnose the issue. You must check for the following signs and reasons as well.
Send button not working
Done with mail compose work?
Attached your file as well? Picked the recipient’s email address from the rr address book?
But, as soon you press the SEND button- do you find it freeze? If so, then it points towards error 501 in TWC email.
Rr webmail window closes abruptly
While sending the email, if your account closes all of a sudden, it clearly indicates that there’s a hidden error 501 that is prompting for the fix.
Syntax or Spelling error in mail address
Might sound silly but do check for this reason carefully!
Because, a slight error may also cause; roadrunner email problems like 501.
If your Internet is not working or you haven’t updated the network security of your device, this ‘unable to send roadrunner emails; error: 501’ can prevail over the device.
Like road traffic, if there are ample of users on the same network, you won’t be able to access roadrunner account properly.
In other words, thousands of users on same network line will trigger email not sending- error 501.
Want to resolve Roadrunner email error 501?
Contact Email professionals @855-500-8462 for fix
Shared IP address of roadrunner email
If your roadrunner email that is taking more than a usual time to send then, shared IP address of your network can be another reason for the roadrunner email problem.
Locked or suspended rr email account
Sometimes, an account gets blocked but it takes time to completely disable it.
However, if you can’t run any operations like send, read, receive or delete rr emails then, for one time- please confirm with the roadrunner server about account lock/suspension.
For detailed help in this regard, you may contact Email Support team as well.
Overflowed Email Quota
Check the space occupied by your rr account online. If in any case, it exceeds the limit of 5GB then, you know what’s causing email bounce back error 501 to pop-up on screen.
Besides this, overflowed cache in browser window and enabled proxy over the device network are some of the other reasons for roadrunner email server error 501.
Troubleshoot Roadrunner 501 Email error
Hope, you have found the exact cause of 501 email error?
Hence now, it’s time to fix that exact obstacle with the relevant solution.
So, let’s get down to our solution!
Note: Don’t worry- in case, you failed to find the reason for your error 501 in roadrunner account. You may simply execute each step below (in given sequence) unless the trouble is resolved.
Steps before hard troubleshooting
- First and foremost, disable all third-party security software, system firewall, and anti-spam protection-if any installed on device. (temporarily)
- Update device OS and network in case, you haven’t done so for a long time.
- Go to roadrunner email login page-> sign in with your valid credentials-> delete unwanted emails from spam, outbox, sent, and Inbox folder to maintain email quota limit.
You may even limit the entry of junk emails in your roadrunner account. To do so, see how to block spam email in roadrunner.
- Next, check your Internet and network connection. If it’s unstable or insecure then, fix it first.
Make sure you succeed with each step defined above. Later, move onto the solutions below.
Troubleshoot roadrunner email server error 501
with Email experts @855-500-8462
Solution for Roadrunner email error 501
Follow the steps mentioned below, if you want to fix rr email search syntax 501 error for Mac:
- Open the application that you use to access roadrunner email account.
- Next, sign in rr email account with valid credentials.
- Enter the roadrunner settings and tap on Server Settings.
- Choose IMAP or POP from incoming server and provide the details:
Account Type POP or IMAP
Incoming server: mail.twc.com
IMAP port: 993; for POP port: 995
- For Outgoing server, choose SMTP and enter the details as given:
SMTP port: 587
SMTP Server Requires Authentication: CHECKED
In case, you need more detailed solution or help, check roadrunner email settings.
- If you still see rr email server error 501 on screen then, check each alphabet of the email address with periods and symbols. All of them must be identical.
Note: Check the roadrunner email address book to find the exact spellings.
Still can’t fix Roadrunner Email error 501? - Here’s Tougher Solution
We strongly recommend not trying these steps at your own, if you are not good with technical stuff. Because a slight mistake can even damage the hardware of your device!
So, now with no more talks, here are your solutions to try:
- Open System registry window of your device through Start menu.
- Next, scan for the files that need repair and replace them with the new one available online.
- Other than this, you must scan your device and remove all the malware or infected files that are reported at the end of the process.
- However, if you are using email-client applications like Outlook then, reinstall the program and add roadrunner account again on the application.
- If you are using roadrunner webmail on a browser window then, sign in rr email account and go to Tools option under the username and tap on Account-> then, Properties.
- Scroll down on the newly opened window and check the option: 'My server requires authentication.'
- Last but not least, database corruption can be another reason for rr email server 501 error. For this, try compacting and fixing the database.
Note: In case, you are unable to do so then, close the program that you are running to access rr mails and repair the database again.
While executing any of these above steps, if you failed to login roadrunner email account- see roadrunner email password reset instructions.
Can’t get rid of email server error 501: fix in rr email?
Get solution from Email Support team @855-500-8462