Reset or Recover AOL Password- Troubleshooting Guide
AOL password is majorly a string of characters that protects all important information in an AOL mail account. And, if you have an AOL account troubling you, then possibly you’re here searching for answers to questions like- How Can I Reset my AOL Password? What shall I do to recover lost AOL Password? Is it possible to change AOL password on MAC?
With a plethora of similar questions hovering around your mind, let’s explore a relevant answer and get respite from all your AOL password concerns.
What Can You Find Here?
As said earlier, the guide is all about AOL password issues. In specific, here you can find a solution to:
- Forgotten AOL Password
- AOL Hacked Password
- Change AOL Password without Security Questions
- Login error after changing AOL Password
- Not Responding AOL app after resetting AOL Password
- Non-working AOL Password Reset option
- AOL not letting users Reset Password
- Prompting AOL Password every time you open Mail window.
However, before learning their solutions, refer the instructions given ahead to know about conventional AOL password changing process.
Steps to Change AOL Password After Login
Coming straight to the benefits of this action, you can prevent the password from leaking to anyone. Moreover, you can create a strong and easy-to-remember password.
Turning towards the steps for changing old AOL password to a new one, firstly:
- Login your AOL Gold account and enter account security page.
- Secondly, click the Change Password link and then, type same password in both New Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Now, click Continue and OK button to confirm the action.
Once done, you can see the message- “Password changes have been saved” on the AOL screen.
Note: To create a strong password, add 12 or more characters without any repetitive sequence or characters.
Steps to Reset AOL Password- If Forgotten!
Unable to sign-in your AOL mail because you forgot AOL password? Then, recover your email account here, without troubling yourself much!
- Start by typing your username on the AOL mail sign-in page.
- Click Next and ‘I forgot my Password’ link to start with the recovery of forgotten AOL email password.
Now, you’ll see the account verification options on the screen. These options will indeed depend on the recovery information, stored on your AOL mail account. Therefore, based on the available choice, reset AOL Password.
Verification Option 1- Email Address
Generally, when AOL account doesn’t have a recovery phone number, by default the recovery email address option is available, provided the account has this data.
- Now in the displayed option, you’ll be asked to confirm your access to the recovery mail address. Click “Yes, send me a verification code” button.
- Then, log in your recovery mail account to get the verification code.
Note: If you’re using webmail, remember to sign-in using a different browser. This way, you can copy the verification code without exiting the verification screen.
- Open the email with subject line “Recover access to AOL account” and copy the code from it.
- Next, return to the verification screen and paste the code.
- Click continues and you can successfully get to the screen prompting for a New Password.
- Type the password in both New and Confirm password fields and then, click Continue and OK button.
- If the procedure completes without any technical glitch, you can see a ‘Reset password done’ message on the screen.
Important: In case, you’ve both recovery mail and phone number, you’ll see the latter option first. But, if you want to avail recovery email option, Click “I don’t have access to this phone” button.
Verification Option 2- Phone Number
If you’re wondering- “what can be the easiest way to reset my password at AOL?” Then, the answer lies here! With the stored recovery phone number option, you do not need to login anywhere for the verification code.
In fact, there are two ways to recover lost AOL password using phone number:
- Firstly, enter the missing phone number digits on AOL screen that must match with the recovery number on your AOL account. However, if this option is unavailable, then:
- Click either “Yes, send me verification code” or “Call me with verification code” button, as per your choice. For the former choice, you will receive a code in text message while for the latter one; you need to receive a phone call for the verification code.
- Next, type this code in the asked field and click Continue and OK button to reach the AOL password reset screen.
Verification Option 3- Security Questions
Without recovery phone number or email address, you can gain access to your AOL account by answering certain questions along with the profile information. For instance, you may be asked to enter personal details like zip code, name, and date of birth. Now, to begin:
- Type the relevant answer to asked questions in the provided field and click Verify button. Remember to enter the answers, which match the already saved information.
- Next, click Continue button to reach the AOL password reset screen.
- Then, type afresh and same password in both New and Confirm password fields.
- Lastly, click on Continue and OK button to complete the process.
Troubleshooting AOL Email Password Errors
Here are some troubleshooting techniques you can try for diagnosing and fixing AOL password issues based on the technical glitch.
Recover AOL Email Account’s Password without Resetting
To recover AOL email account’s password without resetting, follow one of four below-defined methods.
- Fetch the password from the wallet, memory, or password manager of AOL mail account.
- Run a password attack called “brute-force” against the AOL email account, and hope for a guess, before the account lockouts.
- Fetch password from any video recording, key logger, or any other location that has saved the password or data to retrieve the AOL password.
- Fetch the password hash from AOL account or offsite storage backups. Next, hash the password dictionary with the right seed, and look for an identical match.
Note: If you’ve sound technical knowledge, only then try one of these methods to recover lost AOL password. Else, contact AOL support for helping you out with one of these password recovery methods.
Changed password, Now Cannot Login AOL Mail Account
After changing AOL Password using Apple OS or computer, if you’ve problem logging to AOL mail account, then perform the following actions.
- Restart the system and try to sign-in AOL mail account again.
- If you’re still struggling, delete the AOL account and re-add it.
- In case the problem persists, delete cache memory and troubleshoot the software.
However, if AOL Desktop Gold denies any problem, this means the issue may be at AOL server side.
Get Your Aol Desktop Gold, Email, App Fixed Right Away
With no more hours of await or addressing to Automated Systems, contact the Experts now!
Unable to Remove "PASSWORD REQUIRED" Option Every time I Login AOL
By default, AOL prompts to enter the password every time you come back on AOL login screen. However, those who want to change this setting and directly access their emails; following steps are worth trying.
- Go to AOL login screen and sign-in your mail account.
- Right-click on Tools option at the top right corner of AOL mail account window.
- Select Settings option from the drop-down menu and select Mail Settings.
- Click account name displayed on left and then, tap Account Information tab.
- Check saved password and username information in the window. Likewise, check for the same data under Server settings/Advanced tab.
- Finally, select the box in front of “Automatically detect and maintain account settings” option and click DONE.
AOL Account Password Not Verifying
If device prompts for password but doesn’t log in, this means AOL mail account hasn’t approved the characters you entered. To resolve this:
- Change your account password and try signing in again.
If the problem prevails, change the password on all other devices too, (which has the AOL mail application or software installed on them).
- Next, login to your mail accounts online via the phone as well as the system. By now, it will start working on your phone.
- In case, the changed AOL password on MAC doesn’t verify, open your browser like Safari.
- From the browser’s menu bar, click on Safari button.
- Next, select Preferences and go to Privacy
- Then, on the selected tab, check the radio button in front of “Remove All website data” option.
- After this, shut down the Safari browser and relaunch it.
- Now, you will be asked to re-enter the username and password to sign in your AOL main account.
- Here, just enter the password one last time for verification purpose, as we have deleted all the AOL related cookies.
SMPT Error After I Changed AOL Password
After changing AOL password on iPhone, if an error message prompts during login, saying the SMPT name or password is incorrect, go to your Desktop version of the software.
- To begin, go to AOL login screen and sign-in your mail account.
- Next, right-click on Tools option at the top right corner of AOL mail account window.
- Then, select Settings option from the drop-down menu and select Mail Settings.
- Click account name displayed on left and then, tap Account Information tab.
- Now, check your details like email-address, full name, username, and password under Incoming Server. Here, change the password with the one you saved on the phone and click DONE.
Now, login AOL mail account using your iPhone, you’ll see the error message will no more appear.
Important: Also, remember to have sufficient balance in your debit card, else you may get a payment failure notification, which would restrict your AOL sign-in activity.
For More Help on AOL Password Issues, Contact US!
Are you not able to get the results through above-defined solutions or struggling with some other AOL password technical error? Then, reach the experts through email or for instant help, call on 1-855-500-8462 (toll-free), 10:00 am - 10:00 pm, Monday to Saturday.Request Call Back