Aol Desktop Gold
Troubleshoot Missing AOL Desktop Gold Favorites | Transfer/Add/Edit AOL Favorites [Complete Guide]
The guide provides solution to missing AOL Desktop Gold favorites and steps on how to transfer them.
You may also refer the guide to learn how to add, edit, and save your AOL Gold favorites.
What exactly you’ll find in this Post?
Before you move ahead, let us help you understand that we have divided the post into different sections:
- How can I retrieve my AOL favorites?
- Steps to saving AOL Gold Favorite Places
- How to add and edit AOL Desktop Gold favorites
- How to Transfer Desktop Gold favorites to another computer
- Get AOL favorites from old AOL desktop to new AOL Gold
- Other ways to Transfer AOL Favorites
Now, based on your requirement, we recommend you to refer the sections in guide.
How do I restore my AOL favorite places? – Here’s the Solution
When it comes to AOL favorites, more than 70% users actually demand the solutions to disappeared AOL favorites.
That’s why- we have also included this section at the top in this post.
Now, with no more fuss, let’s right away get to the solution.
How do I retrieve AOL favorites?
- Login AOL Desktop gold account with existing email address and password on your computer.
- Open the Favorite Places from AOL login window and click on ‘manage’ option.
- Then, choose any one option from the dialog box:
- Append: If you want to add favorites to your existing list with a backup copy of Favorites from another Username.
- Replace: Use this to replace your current Favorites with a backup copy from other Username.
- Next, go to the saved favorite file that you created on your system and click on OPEN.
Another way is to drag the file onto AOL Gold favorite places and click on Import button.
- Once completed, click on ‘Save’ button to store the changes and close the favorite places window.
Important: If there are fewer favorites, then you can even copy them manually one-by-one in your AOL Gold desktop.
But what if your AOL Desktop gold favorites go missing during the process? Well, don’t think much! Simply, apply the following solution.
Can’t Restore AOL favorites?
Reach Email Desktop Gold experts for Solution
How Can I Restore Missing AOL Desktop Gold favorites?
When you are unable to see your AOL Gold favorites, check the following things in your system:
- Internet Connection
To check and verify that you’re connected to Internet, try accessing some other websites on any browser window. If you’re able to open and access the sites- you’re connected to Internet. Otherwise, there is an issue with your broadband connection. And, to resolve this, see Instructions on how to fix AOL Desktop Gold won’t connect to Internet problem.
- Check the Webmail
If there’s no issue with your Internet connection, login AOL Desktop gold using your authenticated credentials.
In case, you face any issue while signing in, see Steps to resolve AOL Desktop gold login errors.
Once you login AOL Gold, check for the contacts in address book. If all the addresses are visible that you imported along with AOL favorites then, sign out AOL Gold and login back. If the problem still persists, refer to next advanced solution in the queue.
- Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
At last, if nothing works- scan your AOL Gold program. If you suspect any malware or virus; download and install AOL Desktop gold again!
Note: If you forgot to create a backup of your AOL Gold favorites- then, it’s hard to retrieve them. However, you may ask Email Desktop gold professionals- if they can help you restore the favorites.
How to save a Favorites place in AOL Desktop Gold?
Many of you already know the answer to “how do I backup my AOL favorites?” However, we don’t want you to commit any mistake.
That’s why, we have added these steps on how to save AOL favorites:
- Launch AOL Desktop Gold browser and open the site that you want to add in as your favorites.
- Next, look for the heart like icon at the top-right corner of your window. In case, there’s no such icon, click on gear like symbol and search for the Favorites option.
- Then, choose ‘Add to Favorites’ from the list and select an appropriate folder- where you want to save the link.
- Finally, click on ‘Save’ button.
Once your AOL favorites are saved, you can manage or categorize them in different folders- as you desire!
Can’t retrieve missing AOL favorites?
Call Email Desktop Gold Support for help @ 855-500-8462
How to add and edit Favorites in AOL Desktop Gold?
To add or edit favorites in your AOL desktop gold account, simply follow the steps given below:
- Login AOL Desktop Gold account with authenticated credentials.
In case, you lost AOL Gold username or password, learn how to recover or reset AOL Gold password.
- Go to AOL Gold favorites and next to its header, click on a small icon like plus (+).
- A dialog box with three fields will open. You need to provide the following information in those fields:
- TITLE: The name you want to give to your Favorite.
- URL: The web address of the site
- LOCATION: The place in your system i.e. FOLDER, where you want to save the favorites
- After you type the accurate information, click on “Add Favorite.”
- Once your Favorite is added, go to AOL Favorites page and see if it’s available.
- In case, you want to edit your AOL Gold Favorite list, click on the small pencil like icon next to the field- that you wish to edit.
Hope, you’re able to add or edit AOL Gold favorites with these steps. However, if you have any difficulty with AOL Favorites missing, add, or edit- call Email Desktop Gold Support team for technical assistance.
How to get AOL Favorites from Old to New Computer?
Please note that you can only import or export mail, favorites, and other personal data to another computer- if they are stored before being deleted.
Simply put, you need to have a backup of your AOL Gold favorites and other data- before sending or receiving them.
Note: The data that you can easily copy to another computer includes, mail, Favorites, Address Book, and settings.
- Login AOL Desktop Gold account.
- Go to Settings icon (below the menu bar). A dialog box of Settings will open.
- Choose General settings, and tap on My Data tab.
- Then, click Import or Export option to get the AOL favorites file.
- Browse your AOL favorites that you created as a backup on your device and select it.
- While you are exporting AOL Gold favorites, we recommend you create a password.
Note: This password will be asked while you import the same file on another computer.
- Once your AOL Desktop Gold or other files that you wanted in new device gets imported, you can access them in new
Does You AOL Gold favorites Go Missing While Importing/ Exporting?
Call Email Desktop gold Support team @855-500-8462 for Solution
Steps to transfer AOL favorites from Old AOL Desktop to New AOL Gold
We understand the pain of moving from old AOL Desktop to new Desktop gold.
But, now cheer up!! As, new AOL Desktop gold allows you to transfer all important emails, data, address book, and AOL favorites from old AOL Desktop.
Want to know- how? Then, check the steps on how to import AOL favorites from a previous version of Desktop Gold:
- Sign in old AOL Desktop account and save the favorites onto your device (refer the section: ‘How to save favorites’ above).
- Once the AOL favorites file saves on your device, download AOL Desktop Gold.
- Now, double-click on AOL Desktop Gold setup files and click on ‘RUN’ button to reinstall AOL Desktop gold.
- Once the process completes, login AOL Gold account using your AOL credentials.
- Go to ‘File’ option in the top menu bar.
- Then, click on ‘Import Wizard’ and OK button to begin the AOL favorites import.
- Once the process reaches the finish line, Click OK button to confirm the action.
If you are unable to import AOL Gold favorites by the above-defined steps, don’t worry!! We have some other ways explained below to help you transfer AOL Gold favorites.
Other ways to Transfer/ Import AOL Desktop Gold favorites
If you can’t transfer your favorites OR every time, when you try doing so, your AOL Favorites disappeared then, there are two other ways for YOU!
You can import your AOL favorites from one version to another or from old PC to new- with these steps, as well.
Check out these other 2 ways to import AOL favorites:
Manually import AOL favorites from a PFC file
With this method, you can transfer AOL favorites in form of PFC files. For better comprehension, follow the steps as given in sequence:
- Login AOL Desktop Gold account and navigate to the Settings icon.
- Then, under General settings, click on My Data tab.
- Search for the PFC Import button and click on it.
- A dialog box will open. Browse your AOL favorites file from the system and select it.
- Click on OK button to import all favorites in AOL Desktop gold account.
Import AOL Favorites using Favorite Plug-in
- Open AOL mail web browser.
- Then, go to AOL Favorites page directly viacom/favorites/.
- Next, click the "Download Now" button to install plug-in for AOL favorites.
- Later, when the plug-in gets installed, tap on AOL Favorites button.
- Click on ‘Sign in’ and type your AOL Desktop Gold login information.
- Tap on gear like icon in the Favorites plug-in menu.
- Then, tap on "Export" button to get all of your AOL Favorites to the browser.
- Finally, you may uninstall the plug (optional).
Still, your AOL Gold Favorites are missing?
Contact Email Desktop Gold Support @855-500-8462 for Solution