Aol Desktop Gold
Fix AOL Gold Freezes | AOL Freezes up [Need Help]
Does AOL Gold freezes up every time when you launch it?
Is your AOL frozen screen problem not limited to ADG but also includes AOL mail? Well, whatever your situation is- we have answer for all.
For instance, if your AOL mail keeps freezing all the time then, either it’s the compatibility issue or there’s something wrong with the browser.
But- if your AOL Gold is having trouble then, chances are high that its program files have got corrupt or some third-party element on your device is interrupting the function.
General Solutions to resolve AOL Frozen screen Problem
The troubleshooting steps herein will help both AOL mail and AOL Desktop Gold users.
Do not ignore them, as they are quite simple to implement and have claimed to resolve the issue of 53% users.
- Reboot your device to create space in RAM as, insufficient space will not allow AOL Gold or Mail to run smoothly.
- Disable all the firewall software installed on your device and reboot your computer to save the changes.
Note: This action will prohibit the interference of antivirus or anti-hacking software with AOL mail or Gold.
- Scan your device to ensure there’s no Trojan, worms, or virus present in. However, if you find any- remove them immediately. Else, you may get into AOL Gold freezes
- Next, make sure that your device is having access to high-speed and consistent Internet connection.
In case, Internet is not letting you access ADG freely then, see instructions to fix AOL Gold Internet issue.
- If still AOL keeps freezing/locking up then, restore your operating system to previous state using “Backup and Restore” method.
- In case, your AOL mail freezes in IE11 despite system restore then, reinstall or repair Internet Explorer or any other browser that you are using in Windows.
Is AOL mail to AOL homepage freezes up?
Call Email Desktop Gold experts @855-500-8462 for solution
Troubleshooting steps to fix ‘AOL Mail screen frozen’
If you are still searching- What to do if AOL freezes up? That means, your issue is quite tough!
So, attend the following advanced solutions and help yourself get rid of freezing issues in AOL mail.
Solution 1: Clear Browser History, Cookies, and Cache
- Click on Menu icon of browser window (that you access) and select Options-> Privacy and Security Panel.
- Next, navigate to Cookies and Site Data section on your browser window and clear all the cached web content.
- Finally, close down browser window and reboot the device.
To clear history:
- Open the menu bar from top-right corner of browser window.
- Choose Library-> History-> Clear History from the drop down and click OK to confirm the action.
Note: The steps above are explained in reference to Mozilla Firefox. In case, you‘re using any other browser- the steps will remain same. Only the terms used in process may differ.
For AOL Gold freezes problem also- the solution will work.
Solution 2: Reset AOL Mailbox
If you suspect that the issue is not with your browser but AOL mail configuration then:
- Login AOL mail account with authenticated credentials.
- Next, click ‘Help’ icon on the homepage and choose ‘AOL Mail System Summary.’
- Finally, click ‘Reset’ button next to ‘Mailbox state’ and logout your account.
Now, again sign in AOL mail and test the changes in your account.
Solution 3: Disable Add-ons/ Extensions
Sometimes, add-ons and extensions installed on browser also cause the issue.
So, if you want to confirm- whether browser plug-ins are causing incompatibility issue with AOL mail then, follow these steps:
- Click on menu icon at top right of the browser window.
- Then, select More Tools-> Extensions from the drop-down list.
- Uncheck Enabled box to disable an extension. If you want to delete, you may even tap on trash can icon next to the extension.
- Finally, click on Disable link under the plugin.
Re-launch your browser and login AOL mail to see- if the issue resolves.
Solution 4: Fix AOL Hanging Hourglass
If you can’t move to new AOL screen and find yourself hanging at an hourglass then- here’s the solution:
- On the same AOL mail screen, move our mouse pointer to the grey navigation bar at screen top.
- Then, click on ‘Help’ link three times in rapid succession.
- Now finally, scroll down and choose ABOUT American Online.
Your AOL Mail will resume!
For persisting error, if you want to know how to fix if AOL mail freezes up frequently- then, see the next solution in queue.
If AOL mail is freezing up and it takes forever to open an email or a new message?
Contact Email Desktop Gold experts @855-500-8462
Solution 5: Fix AOL Mail screen frozen on my I-pad
Check out the steps below if AOL email page is frozen, cannot hit cancel and nothing works except iPad.
- Close AOL mail through the iPad's multitasking bar.
- Then, double-click the home button to open the taskbar.
- Next, drag the Mail URL 'screen' up and off the top of the screen to close it.
- Finally, click the home button to close the taskbar.
In case, this method doesn’t seem of any help then, perform soft-reset and fix AOL Gold freezes. For this:
- You have to press & hold the home and sleep button altogether for next 15 seconds.
Your Apple logo will appear without causing any data loss.
Is AOL Software keeps freezing? Stay tuned...
Solution 6: Empty AOL Mail Cache
Does the solution- seem weird? Well, try out the steps then, and find out the result:
- After you login AOL mail account, go to AOL preferences under Options.
- Next, click on WWW-> Display: Tap on ‘Empty Cache.’
- When this step completes, click on Cookies-> Remove all Cookies.
- Then, in AOL preferences only, click on Filing Cabinet Now from the side menu.
- Tap on Compact Personal Filing Cabinet Now.
- Now, again open the side menu and choose Toolbar.
- Finally, click on Clear History Trail and OK button.
Solution 7: Access Basic AOL Mail Webpage
AOL Mail basic webpage can be logged in with no extra scripts or applications. As a result, your AOL won’t freeze.
Note: This should be the last option on your list when AOL mail freezes up and doesn’t seem to resolve.
- Open your browser window like Internet Explorer.
- Type basic.webmail.aol.com in the URL field to access the AOL mail basic page.
- On the webpage, type your AOL username/ email address and password to successfully login AOL account.
Steps to fix ‘AOL Gold freezes up, won't load pages’
If AOL Gold browser freezes up, locks, won't load even its own pages then, you need more tough solutions, like one given below.
Follow these troubleshooting steps unless your problem is fixed.
Solution 1: Download & Run AOL Desktop Gold in Compatibility mode
Many times, if you are running quite an old version of AOL Desktop Gold on device- your AOL Gold freezes.
Therefore, you must uninstall the old software and reinstall the updated AOL Gold on your computer. To do so:
- Download AOL Desktop Gold (updated version) from a reliable source.
- Save the AOL Gold installer file on desktop and right-click to select its Properties.
- Then, choose Compatibility mode and put a tick in checkbox: “Run this program in compatibility mode.”
- Next, click on drop-down box and choose previous operating system.
- Finally, click on OK and try AOL Gold installation again.
If your process completes successfully but AOL Desktop Gold icon goes missing then, see instructions on how to fix disappeared AOL Desktop Gold icon.
When Desktop Gold/ AOL email freezes up in Firefox?
Contact Email Desktop Gold team @855-500-8462
Solution 2: Run AOL Gold as Administrator
When other installed programs keep interfering with AOL functioning- it will frequently give a not responding message when you are on AOL and the computer freezes.
To fix this AOL Gold freezes problem, refer the steps below:
- Right-click on installed AOL Desktop Gold icon.
- Choose ‘Run as administrator’ option from the drop-down list.
Note: Do not perform this action on shortcut icon.
Solution 3: Run System Compatibility Troubleshooter
Incompatible device can cause your AOL Desktop 9.7 to Freeze every time when you try opening it. So, check your device specifications with the installed AOL software.
In case, there’s a mismatch- meet up those requirements first!
- Open Control Panel.
- Type ‘System’ in the top-right search field box and hit ENTER.
- Click on ‘System’ option to see your device specification.
- Compare them with the list below.
Operating system Windows 7 / 8/ 8.1/ 10 or IOS version 10
System Processor 266MHz or faster
Screen Resolution 1068×768 or higher
RAM approx. 512 MB
Still, AOL Gold freezes? See the next troubleshooting!
Solution 4: Update AOL Desktop Gold
If AOL desktop is not up to date, your AOL Gold may fail to respond.
Generally, AOL Gold updates automatically. But, sometimes- the software may fail to do so.
Therefore, to keep a periodic check and sometimes, manually update AOL Gold (if required), follow these steps:
- Open Start menu and navigate to search base of your computer.
- Type update and click on Windows Update option.
- Now, go to the ‘Change Settings.’
- Then, select the heading ‘important updates’.
- Afterward, select the box ‘Install update automatically’.
- Select the AOL Desktop Gold box that prompts for important and recommended updates.
- Once the process completes, save the changes.
The steps will help you even when AOL freezes windows 10.
Solution 5: Fix Corrupt AOL desktop software
If your AOL Gold program gets corrupt due to any XYZ reason- it may crash your software-every time you try opening it.
In order to fix this AOL 9.8 freezes issue:
- Open Control Panel from Start button.
- Then, navigate to Programs and features option.
- Click on AOL Desktop Gold program and scroll to top and click on Uninstall button.
- After the process completes, reboot your computer.
- Later, again download and reinstall AOL Desktop Gold on your device.
When the process finishes, if your AOL icon not working, learn how to fix AOL Desktop Gold icon not responding!
Still AOL Gold Freezes and bothering you?
Then, call Email Desktop Gold Support team @855-500-8462