Aol Desktop Gold
Fix AOL Gold Freezes | AOL Freezes up [Need Help]
Do AOL Gold freezes up every time when you launch it?
Is your AOL frozen screen problem not limited to ADG but also includes AOL mail? Well, whatever your situation is- we have separate solution for both.
For instance, if your AOL keeps freezing all the time then, either it’s the compatibility issue or there’s something wrong with the browser.
But- if your AOL Gold application is having trouble then, chances are high that its program files are corrupt or some third-party element on your device is interrupting the function.
General Solutions to resolve AOL Frozen screen Problem
The troubleshooting steps herein will help recover from hanged Desktop Gold.
Note: Do not ignore them, as they are quite simple to implement and have claimed to resolve the issue of approx. 53% of users.
- Restart your computer to close the unnecessary programs running at backend and create enough space for AOL Gold program to run smoothly.
- Scan your device to ensure there’s no Trojan, worms, or virus present in. However, if you find any malicious software- remove them immediately. Else, your AOL Gold will freeze.
- Next, make sure that your device is having access to high-speed and stable Internet.
- If the issue still persists, go to AOL Gold software files and try to launch the program from the icon in there.
In case, this step resolves your AOL Gold freezes issue then, replace your old AOL Gold icon on Desktop.
For Internet not letting you access ADG freely, see the instructions below:
- If still AOL keeps locking up then, execute “Backup and Restore” process from computer to get the operating system at its previous state.
- In case, AOL freezes in IE11 despite system restore then, reinstall or repair Internet Explorer or any other browser that you are using.
Steps to fix ‘AOL Gold freezes, won't load pages’ issue
If AOL Gold browser freezes, locks won't load or hang then, execute the more tough solutions, like one given below.
Note: Follow these troubleshooting steps unless your problem is fixed.
Solution 1: Download & Run AOL Desktop Gold in Compatibility mode
Many times, if you are running an old version of AOL Desktop Gold on device- your AOL Gold freezes.
Therefore, you must uninstall the old software and reinstall the updated AOL Gold on your computer. To do so:
- Download AOL Desktop Gold (updated version) from a reliable source.
- Save the AOL Gold installer file on desktop and right-click to select its Properties.
- Then, choose Compatibility mode and check the option: “Run this program in compatibility mode.”
- Next, click on drop-down box and choose previous operating system.
- Finally, tap on OK and try to install AOL Gold again.
If your process completes successfully but AOL Desktop Gold icon goes missing then, see instructions on how to fix disappeared AOL Desktop Gold icon.
Important: Make sure automatic AOL Gold update function is working properly. In case, there’s an issue, learn to resolve AOL automatic update not working error.
When Desktop Gold/ AOL email freezes up in Firefox?
Contact Email Desktop Gold team @855-500-8462
Solution 2: Run AOL Gold as Administrator
When other installed programs keep interfering with AOL functioning- it will display not responding message and you’ll continue to see freeze AOL Desktop Gold.
Now, in order to fix this stuck AOL Gold screen, refer the steps below:
- Right-click on installed AOL Desktop Gold icon.
- Choose ‘Run as administrator’ option from the drop-down list.
Note: Do not perform this action on shortcut icon.
- Right-click on AOL Desktop Gold and choose properties.
- Tap on Shortcut tab on the opened window.
- Further, click on ‘Advanced’ tab and check “Run as administrator” option.
- Save these settings and try to launch AOL Gold again.
For problem still not resolving, continue with the troubleshooting process ahead.
Solution 3: Run System Compatibility Troubleshooter
Incompatible device can cause your AOL Desktop 9.7 to Freeze every time when you try opening it. So, check your device specifications with the installed AOL software.
In case, there’s a mismatch- meet up those requirements first! For this:
- Open Control Panel.
- Type ‘System’ in the top-right search field box and hit ENTER.
- Click on ‘System’ option in the main window to see your device specification.
- Compare the one listed in window to the specs (below):
Operating system Windows 7 / 8/ 8.1/ 10 or IOS version 10
System Processor 266MHz or faster
Screen Resolution 1068×768 or higher
RAM 512 MB (approx.)
Still, AOL Gold freezes? See the next troubleshooting!
Solution 4: Update AOL Desktop Gold
If AOL desktop is not up to date, your AOL Gold may fail to respond.
Generally, AOL Gold updates automatically. But, sometimes- the software may fail to do so.
Therefore, to keep a periodic check and sometimes, manually update AOL Gold (if required), follow these steps:
- Open Start menu and navigate to search base of your computer.
- Type update and click on Windows Update
- Now, go to the ‘Change Settings’ and select the heading ‘important updates’.
- Afterward, select the box ‘Install update automatically’.
- Then, choose AOL Desktop Gold box that prompts for important and recommended updates.
- Once the process completes, save the changes.
The steps will help especially when AOL Gold freezes windows 10.
Solution 5: Fix Corrupt AOL desktop software
If your AOL Gold program gets corrupt due to any XYZ reason- it may crash your software-every time you try opening it.
Thus, in order to fix this AOL 9.8 freezes issue:
- Open Control Panel from Start button.
- Then, navigate to Programs and features option.
- Click on AOL Desktop Gold program and scroll to top and click on Uninstall button.
- After the process completes, reboot your computer.
- Later, again download and reinstall AOL Desktop Gold on your device.
When the process finishes, you’ll see a new AOL gold icon on desktop screen. However, if your AOL icon gives trouble, learn how to fix AOL Desktop Gold icon not responding!
Still AOL Gold freezes and bothering you?
Then, contact Email Desktop Gold Support @855-500-8462
Troubleshooting steps to fix ‘AOL Mail screen frozen’
If you are still searching- What to do if AOL freezes up? That means, your AOL Gold error is quite tough!
And, you need to follow the steps lined ahead to help yourself get rid of freezing issue in AOL.
Solution 1: Clear Browser History, Cookies, and Cache
- Click on Menu icon of browser window (that you access) and select Options-> Privacy and Security Panel.
- Next, navigate to Cookies and Site Data section on your browser window and clear all the cached web content.
- Finally, close down browser window and reboot the device.
To clear history:
- Open the menu bar from the top-right corner of browser window.
- Choose Library-> History-> Clear History from the drop down and click OK to confirm the action.
Note: The steps above are explained in reference to Mozilla Firefox. In case, you‘re using any other browser- the steps will remain same. Only the terms used in process may differ.
For AOL Gold freezes problem also- the solution will work.
Solution 2: Reset AOL Mailbox
If you suspect that the issue is not with your browser but AOL mail configuration then:
- Login AOL mail account with authenticated credentials.
- Next, click ‘Help’ icon on the homepage and choose ‘AOL Mail System Summary.’
- Finally, click ‘Reset’ button next to ‘Mailbox state’ and logout your account.
Now, again sign in AOL mail and test the changes in your account.
If you are bothered by AOL login at any point then, you may refer the instructions to fix AOL sign in problem.
Solution 3: Disable Add-ons/ Extensions
Sometimes, add-ons and extensions installed on browser also cause the issue.
So, if you want to confirm- whether browser plug-ins cause AOL freezes up trouble, follow these steps:
- Click on menu icon at top right of the browser window.
- Then, select More Tools-> Extensions from the drop-down list.
- Uncheck Enabled box to disable an extension. If you want to delete, you may even tap on trash can icon next to the extension.
- Finally, click on Disable link under the plug-in.
Re-launch your browser and login AOL mail to see- if the issue resolves.
Solution 4: Fix AOL Hanging Hourglass
If you can’t move to new AOL screen and find yourself hanging at an hourglass then- here’s the solution:
- On the same AOL mail screen, move our mouse pointer to the grey navigation bar at screen top.
- Then, click on ‘Help’ link three times in rapid succession.
- Now finally, scroll down and choose ABOUT American Online.
Your AOL Mail will resume!
For persisting error, if you want to know how to fix if AOL mail freezes up frequently- then, see the next solution in queue.
If AOL mail hangs and takes forever to open an email or a new message,
Call Email Desktop Gold experts @855-500-8462
Solution 5: Fix AOL Mail screen frozen on my I-pad
Check out the steps below if AOL email page is frozen and you cannot even hit cancel button.
- Close AOL mail through the iPad's multitasking bar.
- Then, double-click the home button to open the taskbar.
- Next, drag the Mail URL 'screen' up and off the top of the screen to close it.
- Finally, click the home button to close the taskbar.
In case, this method doesn’t seem of any help then, perform soft-reset and fix AOL Gold freezes error. To do so:
- You have to press & hold the home and sleep button altogether for next 15 seconds.
Your Apple logo will appear without causing any data loss.
In case, AOL Software still keeps freezing? Then, stay tuned...
Solution 6: Empty AOL Mail Cache
Does the solution- seem weird?
Well, first try out the steps and then, find out the result:
- After you login AOL mail account, go to AOL preferences under Options.
- Next, click on WWW-> Display: Tap on ‘Empty Cache.’
- When this step completes, click on Cookies-> Remove all Cookies.
- Then, in AOL preferences only, click on ‘Filing Cabinet Now’ from the side menu.
- Tap on Compact Personal Filing Cabinet Now.
- Again open the side menu and choose Toolbar.
- Finally, click on Clear History Trail and OK button.
Solution 7: Access Basic AOL Mail Webpage
AOL Mail basic webpage can be logged in with no extra scripts or applications. As a result, your AOL won’t freeze.
Note: This should be the last option on your list when AOL mail freezes up and doesn’t seem to resolve.
- Open your browser window like Internet Explorer.
- Type basic.webmail.aol.com in the URL field to access the AOL mail basic page.
On the webpage, type your AOL username/ email address and password to successfully login AOL account.
If you forgot AOL Password, follow the steps for AOL Password recovery.
If your AOL homepage freezes up,
Call Email Desktop Gold @855-500-8462 for solution