Aol Desktop Gold
Can’t Send or Open Attachments in AOL Desktop Gold
Facing issue " Cant Send or Open Attachments in AOL Desktop Gold".
Whether you wish to send certain images or doc files in attachment or want to open one received in your AOL Desktop Gold account- there is a proper procedure for each!
If you feel that after following a set procedure you still cant send or open attachments in AOL that implies, you need some relevant solutions.
So, without giving a second thought- simply start with this troubleshooting post ahead.
Summary points of the Post
Before delving in the solution and general procedure to read or send AOL attachments, take a look at the following points, explaining what’s in there for you.
This way, you’ll find it easy to navigate through the guide!
- Basic Requirements to Attach files or images in AOL
- Steps to send and View/Download the files attached in AOL account
- Can't open attachments in AOL: Troubleshooting Steps
- Solution for Unable to send attachments in AOL mails
What are the requirements to attach files in AOL?
While trying to send any file, you must be clear with the fundamental requirements in this regard. All those, who have heard it for the first time, please check the defined prerequisites below:
- Check the list of file extensions supported by AOL.
- The file attached in AOL mail must not include any special character or symbol.
- Your file size attached in mail should not exceed 25MB. This essential apply to both incoming and outgoing messages.
- Your device should have Adobe flash player installed. In case, your AOL adobe flasher player is troubling you, click here for the solution.
- Your AOL Gold program should be free from any malware like virus, Trojan, or worms.
- The installed AOL Desktop gold or AOL browser on device must be upgraded to its latest version.
Hope, your device already fulfills these essentials for AOL attachments. In case, it doesn’t then, meet them first- else, your problem to send or receive attachments in AOL will continue to prevail.
You may also refer, can’t send or receive emails in AOL Desktop Gold
How to Send Attachments in AOL mail?
There are strong chances that you might be following wrong path to attach files in AOL account. So, before you move ahead to its troubleshooting steps, we suggest having look at the below general steps.
As, this will only take a minute- to realize whether you need further help or your issue can be resolved at this stage only!
- Login AOL Desktop Gold using authenticated credentials.
In case, you have trouble with this, know how to resolve AOL Gold password problem.
- Next, tap on Mail menu button to choose ‘Write’.
Note: If you have the quick access toolbar opened, then directly tap on ‘Write’ option.
- Type the email address of the recipient in the ‘To’ field and choose your subject line.
- Then, ‘Choose Files to attach’ button in the toolbar below subject line and double-click on file you want to attach.
Note: In case, you want to attach more files, repeat the same process again.
- If the file refuses to attach then, check its size (it must be less than 25MB).
With this, your process of AOL attachment completes in Desktop Gold.
Can't open attachments in AOL mail
Call Email Desktop Gold experts @ 855-500-8462 for solution
How to view/ download attachment in AOL?
When you have problem in opening or downloading certain AOL attachments, why not start with the following general steps. In case, you don’t find them useful- then, an alternative solution is available in next section for you.
- Open your AOL Gold account and tap on email containing your desired attachment.
- Click on the attachment file to open.
- If nothing happens on the provided action then, right click on the green button and tap on ‘Save As’ option.
- Follow the browser prompts to save the file in computer.
- Once the AOL attachment gets saved on your device, you can navigate to the location and access the file.
Cant Send or Open attachments in AOL- Need Help!
If none of the general solution defined above seems to help you send or receive attachments in AOL then, try these tougher solutions from below.
You’ll surely get rid of your ‘Cant open or send AOL attachment’ issue after these troubleshooting steps.
Steps to fix can't open attachments in AOL mail
- Disable all security settings or third-party installed anti-virus on your device as, they may block the attachments pathway.
- Check and modify the IMAP settings. As, they are the root cause for ‘unable to open attached file in AOL’.
- Your pop-up blocker may also trigger the issue. So, open browser window and under its settings, disable Pop-up option.
- In case, any email scanning program is running on your device then, disable it for the time being.
- Another way is to reset the settings of your browser. In case of AOL Gold program, hard refresh the software.
- Check your AOL spam settings as well. For more, please refer AOL spam settings
- Last but not least, clear all history, cookies, and footprints on your device as, storage space can also be the issue.
Tip: Make sure that the file you are trying to download on your device has the supported program installed. For instance, if the AOL attachment has .pdf extension then, your device has PDF viewer installed.
Cannot attach files to AOL mails- Here’s the Answer!
- If the file refuses to attach in AOL mail then, try using another browser. For AOL Gold, start by scanning Desktop Gold program.
If you find the program file corrupt, then download AOL Desktop Gold again from a reliable source.
- Next, open AOL account and under its Settings-> go to General tab and make AOL Desktop as your default browser.
- You may even run diagnose and repair Windows file and folder program to automatically fix the issue.
- Other than this, open Start Menu-> right click on your AOL Gold program and tap on ‘Turn off live tile’ option. And, try attaching the file in AOL again.
- If nothing seems to help then, try attaching files in AOL using its basic version.
If you still Can’t Send or Open Attachments in AOL
Contact Email Desktop Gold @ 855-500-8462