Aol Desktop Gold
Troubleshoot: AOL Spam Settings in Mail or Desktop Gold
Need help to manage your AOL Spam Settings? OR
Looking forward to protecting your Mail or Desktop Gold account from unwanted spam?
We have solutions for both!! All you need to do is read the troubleshooting steps in this guide and find your solution.
Repercussions of Spam on AOL Account
Spam email usually enters your account when your email address is shared or leaked to unauthorized or illegal websites.
These emails affect your device, AOL account, and many other relating things in ample ways:
- Spam emails degrade the Internet speed to a great extent.
- They fill your Inbox with a plethora of ridiculous emails.
- Spam emails can even alter the search results on any search engine.
- They may contain offensive content affecting both- your identity and business.
- Some spam emails also carry virus in attachments- that if opened can infect your computer with Trojan, worms, spyware etc.
- Spam emails- if not treated timely can also steal useful information from your device like your Contact list, credit card information etc.
- Last but not least, Spam emails can even kick you out of your own AOL account in Mail or Desktop Gold.
In short, Spam is emails from hell that must be taken seriously and removed as soon as possible.
How to Identify Spam in Mail or AOL Desktop Gold Account?
See the list below and find out your answer to this question:
- Your inbox is full of strange emails or messages- that you didn’t even subscribe.
- Another sign of a dangerous AOL spam email is when the content seems too good to be true. Simply put, the emails contain a promise for large sums of money or unprompted offers. Such emails have phishing schemes, which try to collect bank details from the recipient.
- The Emails received have wrong spellings of brand name.
- You get emails from unknown, spoofed, or odd email addresses.
- Strange attachments or unfamiliar links are attached in emails from an untrusted source.
Stay tuned to know how to blacklist Email Senders in AOL!!
Still, Can’t handle Spam in AOL mail?
Contact Email Desktop Gold Support @855-500-8462 for Solution
How to Manage AOL Spam Settings?
To manage unwanted emails in Mail or AOL Gold account, here are the few steps you can take:
Method 1: Mark non-reliable emails as Spam
To mark and delete SPAM in AOL mail - so, all future messages from that email address go directly to spam folder-
- Login AOL Desktop Gold Account or AOL mail from the web browser.
- Then, go to mails Inbox and select the Spam message.
- Scroll to page top and choose Spam option.
Note: In case, you accidentally mark an email as spam, click the same button to mark as not spam and stop emails from going to SPAM folder.
Method 2: Create a spam filter
With this method, you can directly prevent the emails from a specific email address to enter your Inbox.
The steps to control the AOL Spam settings are as follows:
- Login AOL account and under your username, click on Options.
- From the opened drop-down, choose Mail Settings.
- Then, in the opened window- tap on Spam Settings tab.
- In the prompted field, type username or email address that you wish to block.
- To add more email addresses, click on Plus icon “+”.
- After you have added all the Spam email address in AOL Spam Settings, click on Save button.
Note: In case, you later find some email address from a known source, navigate to same Spam settings and hover over the address to click X and create an AOL spam filter whitelist.
These steps will also help you change AOL Spam filter settings.
Steps to Block images and links in Spam emails
Wondering how this change in AOL Spam settings can help you?
Well, when you disable images and links from unreliable sources, it protects you from downloading malicious software while you are reading such emails.
Therefore, to disable such attachments and links:
- Login your AOL Gold account and under username, click on Options.
- Then, choose mail Settings from the drop-down list.
- In the opened window, click on ‘General’ tab and go to Reading section.
- From this specific area, select the options- “Hide images in mail from unknown senders” and “Disable links in mail from unknown senders.”
- Finally, click on Save Settings and close the window.
How to Block Spam emails received from own email address?
Don’t be surprised- if you are receiving emails from your own AOL mail address. As, this technique is email spoofing, where spammers send spam messages.
In simple words, it is referred as AOL spam malfunctioning.
To block unwanted emails in my AOL account, refer the following instructions:
Report the email as spam
When you find any such email that is Spam, you should:
- Select that particular email from the box in left corner.
- Scroll to the top and look for the option “Report as spam.”
- Another method is to open the spam email.
- Then, at the top-right corner, look for three vertical dots and click on them.
- Choose “Report as spam” option from the drop-down list.
Note: Don’t worry! By reporting such emails as spam- you won’t block yourself. Instead, you will help AOL identify the source of the email spoofing.
Need help to manage AOL spam Settings & block Spam on AOL email?
Call Email Desktop Gold Support team @855-500-8462 for help
Change your password
If you find any suspicious activity in your AOL Desktop Gold account after accessing a spam email, we recommend you to change its password. This way, you will lock out all unauthorized users and spammers from gaining access to your AOL account.
Want detailed steps? See how to Reset AOL Desktop Gold password and protect your account.
Scan Your Computer for Virus and Spyware
Scanning your device and programs like AOL Desktop Gold will help you identify and resolve the issue.
Note: Before you perform this step, ensure that your AOL Gold program is closed.
Now, to scan for viruses:
- Open the system tray and right-click on your installed anti-virus software.
- Search and choose for the option like “Scan now.”
- After the scan completes, a pop-up window will open displaying the details of the scanned files.
- For detailed results of any suspicious file, tap on View Results.
Note: In case, no window opens after you click on View Results then, the device and program are virus free.
- Click on Finish button.
Delete your email address from Address Book
Perform this step periodically and ensure that your AOL email address is deleted from the Address book.
In case, you find no contacts in the list, see how to recover missing AOL contacts in the address book.
Steps to delete your AOL email address from Address Book:
- Login AOL Desktop Gold and go to Account settings.
- Then, under Mail Settings, click on Contacts tab.
- Next, in the Find Contacts box- enter your AOL email address.
- Finally, tap on the box next to your name and place a check mark in it and click on Delete.
Still, Can’t handle Spam in AOL mail?
Contact Email Desktop Gold Support @855-500-8462 for Solution.
You can also try uninstalling AOL desktop and than reinstall AOL desktop Gold.