Aol Desktop Gold
Steps to Fix AOL not Working, AOL not responding [Error]
AOL keep saying- AOL not responding, however it is working on other computers or device.
My AOL not working’-Need Help!
You should instantly do something if these or other similar kinds of errors are troubling you again and again.
Here You’ll Get Answer for:
- Issue like 'Server not responding' for AOL using iPhone
- aol.com is not responding iPhone
- AOL on android not working
- "AOL Desktop Gold has stopped working" error
Aol.com is not responding
If you often keep getting the message “AOL not responding”, then first make sure that:
- The problem didn’t arise after you make any changes to the system
- The issue is not with AOL.com but with other software or website, too.
- You aren’t using any proxy server to connect to the Internet
In case, your problem of AOL Gold not working matches with one of the issues listed above- try to resolve them by hard reset or blocking any proxy server or VPN services, if any.
- Besides this, make sure that you’re not running AOL in add-ons mode. In order to manage them in the browser (here, we have defined instructions for Internet Explorer):
- Open IE and click on Tools icon at the top right corner of the window.
- Next, select ‘Manage add-ons’ option from the drop-down list.
- Then, under “Show” tab, select “All Add-ons” option and disable them.
- Lastly, close the window and explorer to apply the changes.
If you want to remove any add-ons from the provided list, select “remove” instead of “disable” option.
imap.aol.com not responding
To resolve this error, first, check the server name. Simply put, verify the spellings of the server name you type and save in settings. If those are correct, remove your account and set it up all again.
Note: It’s necessary to recover or reset any changes that you might have made related to the application.
In order to begin:
- On your device, go to Settings-> Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Click the email account, you want to remove and tap delete button.
- Then, again go to Settings tab and under Account & passwords section, click Add account option.
- Next, select your email provider for automatically adding the email account. In case, you can’t see your email provider; click ‘Other’-> Add mail account.
- After this, type your name, email address, password, and account description to complete your account setup. Now, mail will automatically find your email settings, In case, it didn’t then, you need to enter them manually.
- After this, type your email address and password to verify the account and open it successfully.
AOL not responding Windows 10
Try the following methods to fix the issue ( AOL not responding ).
Method 1: Run the Troubleshooter
When you aren’t able to identify the actual problem, start with the IE Performance Troubleshooter. You can do this by:
- Tapping the Start button on Windows and then, searching for Control Panel.
- Next, on the top-right corner field in Control Panel Window, type “Troubleshooter” and then, on the screen click “Troubleshooting” option.
- Then, click “View All”-> “Internet Explorer Performance” and follow the on-screen instructions to know the exact and actual problem.
Method 2: Verify that Active Scripting, ActiveX, and Java are not being blocked by Internet Explorer
If you have made any changes or set customized settings of the browser, then probably your Java applets, ActiveX, and other similar features may get blocked.
Thus, to fix them:
- Go to Internet Explorer and click on Tools menu.
- Then, click Internet Options-> Security tab-> Reset all Zones to Default Level.
- Next, click OK to apply changes.
- Once, the Java applet, ActiveX, and Active Scripting get unblocked, the AOL not working error will fade away.
Note: In case, you can’t see Tools menu, press ALT to display the menu on the desktop.
Method 3: Turn Off add-ons
Add-ons prevent sites from displaying correctly. Therefore, to turn off all add-ons,
- Try to run Internet Explorer without add-ons and check, if the problem goes away.
- For this, click Start button and then, enter Internet Explorer in the search box.
- Click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) in the list of results.
Note: If this fixes the problem, then you must turn off all add-ons. In order to turn off Add-ons, refer to the section above: Aol.com is not responding
AOL not working on iPhone
When AOL not responding on iPhone, then log in your AOL account on some other device like a computer.
- After going through a two-step login process, go to account settings under AOL account and click Manage button. However, during the above process, make sure it’s turned on.
- Next, under ‘Connect Apps’ tab, click Manage button. Followed by this, click down arrow to create a new application and select iOS device and mail.
- Then, click ‘Create’ and store the password received.
- Lastly, go into AOL account through iPhone and use the stored password.
Surely, you’ll get your AOL working on iPhone.
AOL on Android not Working
Check the server settings to fix AOL not responding issue on Android phone. To begin,
- Open the AOL mail application on Android phone using the 2-step verification process.
- Next, check and set the incoming and outgoing server details on AOL account.
- Click on ‘Manual Setup’ option on screen and select IMAP account settings for the incoming
Set the values as given below:
- IMAP Server: imap.AOL.com
- Port: 143
- Security Type: None
- Then, tap the Next button and set the server settings for the outgoing server as follows:
- SMTP Server: smtp.AOL.com
- Port: 587
- Then, again click on the Next button.
Note: You might be prompted to enter the username and password again after making changes in server settings.
- Now, check whether the AOL is responding or not. In case, it doesn’t work then, restart your Android phone to try again.
AOL Desktop not Responding on Windows 7 computer
In order to fix the issue of AOL not working on Windows 7, refer to the section given above in the same context for windows 10. However, if the problem still persists, go for Clean Boot of Windows. To do so,
- Login as Admin in the system. Then, press ‘Windows icon+R’ on the keyboard to open run window.
- Type ‘msconfig’ in the run field and press enter.
- On System Configuration Window, under General Tab- click on “Selective” radio button and clear the “Load startup items” checkbox.
- Next, under ‘Service’ tab, select ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ checkbox and click ‘Disable all’ button.
- Then, under Service Tab, again select the checkboxes in front of all options and click ‘Disable All’ button.
- Followed by this, click OK and Restart the system.
Once, the system is done with the troubleshooting, now again
- Press ‘Windows+R’-> type ‘msconfig’ -> select ‘Normal startup’ under General tab-> Click OK.
Lastly, you can restart your computer.
Troubleshooting AOL Desktop Gold not responding problem is no more tough with these simple and quick fix. But, if you’re bothered by these steps at any point or find your problem somewhat similar to the ones listed here, call desktop gold support on 1-855-500-8462 for the solution.
Get the answer to AOL Gold icon not responding.