Best Quick Fix to AOL Gold Icon Not Responding Problem
The AOL Gold Icon not responding issue is like a can of worms, which is quite hard to open. As it has several associated causes, so it’s very important for you to first get in-depth of the problem. Based on which, you can access the relevant solution for effective results.
Now, let's first get started with the causes of Desktop gold icon not working, to identify the problem.
Why is my AOL Gold Icon Not Responding After Installing AOL Gold?
AOL Desktop Gold software is designed for Windows operating system. Once it is installed on your device, you can see an icon on the desktop. Next, to launch this software, you must double-click the icon. In case, AOL Gold doesn’t respond, open or work, it means the software is vulnerable to one of the following mentioned causes.
Poor Network Conditions
For a responsive Desktop Gold Icon, you must have an operational modem and good network connection. Simply put, a bad Internet service can freeze the working of Desktop Gold software. This is how; the AOL Gold shortcut icon becomes non-responsive to mouse clicks.
Now, to confirm this reason, you must troubleshoot the network on your device. If there's a poor Internet connection or any other similar error related to the network, your electronic machine will display the message, once the troubleshooting process completes.
Bad Connection to Source Files
Sometimes, the AOL Desktop Gold symbol may also trouble you, if it’s not connected to its source file in the drive.
Now, what are these source files? Actually, Desktop Gold installation creates certain files directing path to sign-In page of AOL, termed as source files. On successful clicks to AOL Gold icon, generally, the search for these files begin that opens the program. However, if the Desktop Gold symbol loses or has no connection with these source files, the icon would not work.
Incompatible System and Software
If AOL Gold icon is not working on Windows, you must check the system requirements for the software. In case, the specifications don't match up with the software needs, you will end up having a worthless icon.
Note: Do not try downloading and installing Desktop Gold on MAC, as currently, the setup is available only for Windows operating system.
Virus or Malicious Program
Malware in the form of Trojan, viruses, or worms can infect any computer application. Known to steal, modify, or delete files of any computer program, this malware is strong enough to destroy AOL Gold. So, if you're troubled with non-functioning of the AOL Gold icon, do keep an eye on these intruders. In fact, it's wise enough to deal with this malicious software prior to the practising of any other methods.
Likewise, outdated system software is also responsible for non-functioning of the Desktop Gold. Therefore, in case you’re using an older version of AOL Desktop or have not upgraded the other associated software in Windows, it may cause trouble for you.
Bad Windows Update
There's no doubt that a system must have Windows 7 or higher to run AOL Desktop Gold. This means, if you haven’t upgraded your operating system, or have upgraded using corrupted files, your Gold software will stop functioning all of a sudden.
So, do scan the USB or any other physical device, before you're using it for installation purpose.
Nuisance Caused By Other Software
Your system's internal memory (RAM) must have a great space to run any new program. However, if there are already loads of programs running on your system, there's a high probability of overflowed RAM. As a result, there will be no more space in system's memory for installation or running of another program.
So, on clicking the Desktop Gold icon, if an egg timer comes for a second then, goes off without loading the sign-In page, try diagnosing the stated reason.
Get Your Aol Desktop Gold, Email, App Fixed Right Away
With no more hours of await or addressing to Automated Systems, contact the Experts now!
What Measures Can I Take When AOL Desktop Gold Won’t Open?
If AOL Gold icon not working, responding or opening, it’s better to troubleshoot it once for gaining access to the software. Here is a list of things; you can try before contacting the AOL Tech Support team for help.
Restart System: A Quick Solution
Sometimes, the device internal memory gets completely filled without leaving any loading space for another program or instruction.
In case, your Desktop Gold Icon is not responding, RAM can be the major obstacle in a way. So, here you can simply try re-starting your Windows. With this quick action of a system restart, the internal memory called RAM is cleared that even provides room for the new software like Desktop Gold to load and run from their shortcut icon.
Check Network Connection
The users must have an established Internet connection for the successful working of the Desktop Gold icon. So, before troubleshooting the varied software on the device, check and inspect for the good network connection.
For this, you can troubleshoot the modem or other machines that help you connect with the Internet source. For reference, you can follow the steps given here:
- Open Control Panel and click on ‘Network and Sharing Center’ option.
- Next, in the newly opened window, select ‘Troubleshoot Problems’ under ‘Change your Network Settings’ category.
- Now, click on ‘Internet Connections’ to troubleshoot the connectivity.
- Likewise, on the same window, click on 'Network Adapter' to troubleshoot Ethernet, wireless, or other network adapters. If there would be an issue with the modem or Internet connectivity, it will be displayed after completion of the troubleshooting
- Try fixing them and later, you can restart the system and gain access to Desktop Gold.
However, if there isn’t any Network issue, move ahead with following defined solutions to solve the problem.
Scan and Remove Malicious Software
Sometimes, the malware like worms or Trojan horses is strong enough to hinder the usual working of any program. Hence, in order to check and get rid of them, create a new user account on the device. For this, you can begin by:
- Clicking on Start Button and opening Control Panel from the menu list.
- Next, select ‘Manage another Account’ option followed by ‘User Accounts’ in the window.
- Then, click on new user account option and create a new icon to verify, if it's working or not.
- If the solution works, delete the previous corrupted account and start using the new one.
Try Updating Software
When your AOL Desktop icon stops responding, firstly ensure that the software is updated. In case, you're still stuck with the previous version, it’s time to update the software and start with the AOL Desktop Gold software.
To know more about installing and updating AOL Desktop gold software, you can read how to update and install AOL Desktop Gold software.
Check for Desktop Gold’s Source Files
If you’re still dealing with AOL Gold Icon Not Responding issue, examine whether the icon is connected to the source files in the drive or not! To check the issue you should:
- Right-click on the AOL Desktop Gold shortcut icon.
- Select Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- In the current opened dialog box, check for the targeted file and copy the URL.
- Next, paste the link in the Internet Explorer and verify the availability of the software files. In case, there aren’t any files, delete the icon on the desktop.
- Now, open C: // drive and Program files to reach the AOL Desktop Gold folder.
- Search for the Desktop Gold icon and examine the working of this symbol too.
- In case it’s functioning, right-click on the AOL Gold icon and creates a new one on the desktop.
Disable Anti-Virus and Firewall
Anti-virus and firewall are responsible for granting permission to all computer software that requires Internet access. Through their actions, they protect your device from various unauthorized malware.
However, with such a great functionality, there come certain disadvantages. For instance, these security programs sometimes deny Internet access to software like Desktop Gold.
Thus, you should disable anti-virus and firewall program temporarily and avoid error messages like “AOL Launches but Will Not Open.” And, once, the software responds from the Desktop Gold icon, you can re-enable those security programs.
Now, to disable/enable any firewall program, if you need assistance, follow the steps, given here:
- Double click on installed anti-virus icon (displayed on the taskbar in the bottom-right corner of the window).
- As soon you click, the security centre window of your installed anti-virus will open. Here, click on ‘Web and Email Protection’ option and next, tap on 'Firewall: On link.'
- You can see 'Turn Off' and 'Restore Default's button in the window. Click on Turn off button to disable the firewall.
- Next, another window will open, prompting for when you want the firewall program to resume. Choose the appropriate time from the drop-down menu and click ‘Turn off’ and ‘Done’ button to confirm the process.
- Then, try re-launching the Desktop Gold software from its icon. In case, it still won't open, you can use Windows Restore method to return your system to a time, you last updated AOL software
Important: The next method can only work if the Desktop Gold icon is not working since you last updated the previous version of AOL.
Restore Windows Settings
Users can resolve 'AOL Gold Icon not working after Installing AOL Gold' issue through the system restoration method. Under this process, all the machine setting will date back to the time you last made any changes. Surprisingly, the action will complete with no change to the stored information.
For people facing difficulties in system restoration process, here are some simple steps to follow:
For Window XP
- Click on Start Menu at the bottom left corner of the window.
- Next, click on Help and Support button and make sure your system is connected to the Internet.
- Then, click on ‘Pick a Task’ option and select "Undo changes to their computer with System Restore". During this action, you must ensure that there is a dot in ‘Restore my computer to an earlier time’ option.
- Click on Next button and type the date with Bold text (here you must include the date prior to the time, you made changes).
- Finally, click on Next button to complete the process of system restoration.
For Window Vista or Window 7
When it comes to system restore process on Windows 7 or Vista, the operation will vary a little. You can commence by:
- Clicking Start button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop window.
- Then, in search engine, type System Restore. As soon you enter the words in search cell, you can locate the system restore option at the top of the list; click on it.
- Next, a system restore window will open after 5 seconds. Here, click on Next button.
- In the later window, you will be asked for re-confirmation through “Restore your computer to the state it was in before the selected event” option. There, click on Next button and finally on Finish button to complete the process.
Note: Before you start System Restore process, save files on the system and close all the currently running programs. Once you click on Finish button, the process of System Restore will begin and restarts your computer.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Software
In the end, if nothing works, uninstall the Desktop Gold software and again start from the scratch! In other words, commence by downloading and installing the software again. In case, you need assistance on how to re-install Desktop Gold flawlessly, click here to read and follow the relevant guide.
For Instant Help, Contact Experts!
Available 24*7 at your door, just call, email or reach us through our live chat option and receive unbeatable support for AOL Desktop Gold.Request Call Back