Aol Desktop Gold
AO.L. Desktop Gold won't connect to Internet - Troubleshooting Guide
When AO.L. Desktop Gold won’t connect to Internet, you can’t open the application program unless your network trouble is fixed.
However, before you begin with troubleshooting, determine what causes AO.L. Gold no Internet problem.
For better understanding, read the post-step-by-step and resolve your issue.
Find What Causes- AO.L. Desktop Gold no Internet issue
To troubleshoot broadband Internet connection, so your AO.L. Gold can connect online- find out the category that your problem falls into.
For easing your work, we have divided the solutions into three sub-categories:
Reason No. 1: Operating System
When you aren’t able to connect AO.L. program using IE or Chrome but through other browsers like Firefox (it’s just an example, the vice-versa may also be possible).
Reason No. 2: Computer Settings
Can’t connect AO.L. Desktop Gold using your PC? But, when tried to access the same AO.L. Gold program via another computer on the same network- it connects easily!
If that’s your case- then focus on computer hardware/ software issues.
in some case gold stop responding to fix read " AOL Desktop Gold Stop Responding Guide"
Reason No. 3: Network/Router/ISP
AT last, when nothing (including AO.L. Gold program) connects to broadband connection that indicates the trouble with your ISP/router/modem.
Have you found your exact issue of Desktop Gold not connecting to Internet? So, you can now jump to the specific section from here!
Don’t panic, even if you can’t diagnose the exact problem.
Simply, follow the given solution one-by-one in the given order, unless your AO.L. Desktop gold won’t connect to Internet.
note:- If you have issue playing video on aol gold read " AOL Videos Won’t play " guide
Solution for AO.L. Gold won’t connect to Internet due to OS
With no more fuss, let’s get started with the steps that fix AO.L. program not connecting online.
Solution 1: Enable Automatic LAN Detect Settings
To help you understand and troubleshoot the problem, let’s consider a scenario, where you can open AO.L. mail using IE and Mozilla Firefox but not Google Chrome.
Note: The steps herein are applicable to all browsers; however the terms used in the context may differ.
- Now, to fix it, open Google Chrome and click on the gear icon at the top-left
- Choose Settings option-> then, in the opened window, scroll down to click on ‘Advanced’ option.
- Search for the ‘System’ section and click on ‘Open Proxy Settings.’
- Select ‘Connection’ tab in Internet properties window and click on LAN Settings button.
- Lastly, make sure that ‘Automatically detect settings’ is enabled and ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN’ is unchecked.
Solution 2: Disable Internet Protected mode
You must disable this feature temporarily- because it usually prevents certain add-ons from opening & working- if they seem incompatible. The steps for this process are as follows:
- Launch your browser like Google Chrome that is not allowing you to open & access AO.L. mail.
- Then, click on gear like icon at top-left-> choose Settings-> scroll down to click on Advanced option.
- Search System section-> click Proxy Settings-> and choose, Security tab in the opened window.
- Finally, uncheck ‘Enhanced protected mode’ box.
Important: These steps apply to all browsers that may not be working for you.
Unable AO.L. Desktop Gold won't connect online?
Contact Desktop Gold Experts on 1-855-500-8462 (toll-free)
Solution for AO.L. Gold without Internet because of PC Errors
Let’s implement the following steps against AO.L. Desktop Gold won’t connect to internet issue.
This troubleshooting section helps when AO.L. Gold not connecting to broadband from your one device while working through other PC on same network.
Solution 1: Check all the Hardware
- Simply, inspect all the hard-wired connection and make sure your PC and routers are plugged in properly and tightly.
- Replace any worn out or loose connection cable to confirm- whether the problem is relating hardware or software.
- In case, you are using Wi-Fi connection, check that it is enabled through a switch or button on your laptop/ PC.
If everything seems fine at hardware end then, troubleshoot your AO.L. Gold no Internet problem via software.
Solution 2: Disable Security Programs and Software
Another very common yet important solution to troubleshoot a broadband connection and get back your AO.L. Gold, is disabling PC protection suites.
- To disable Windows defender, press “Win+R” on keyboard and type “gpedit.msc” and hit ENTER.
- In the next window, tap on Computer Configuration and Administrative Templates.
- Then, click on Windows Components -> Windows Defender Antivirus -> Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus checkbox.
- Finally, select enable button on left edge and tap on OK button.
To disable firewall on your system & fix AO.L. Desktop Gold won’t connect to Internet trouble:
- Open Control Panel-> select System and Security ->and, choose Windows Firewall.
- Then, click on ‘Turn Windows Firewall on or off’ option in the Windows Firewall screen.
- Finally, click on checkbox next to ‘Turn off Windows Firewall.’
Likewise, disable any installed anti-virus program on your system.
Important: Restore your system settings after a while for device protection. However, if any of these software hinders smooth running of AO.L. Desktop gold on your device- we suggest replacing it with some other software.
Solution 3: Manage TCP/IP Settings
To make your network card receive a dynamic IP address from a DHCP server:
- Click on Start Windows button and type ncpa.cpl in the search field and hit ENTER.
- A window will open displaying a list of all network adapters in Control
- Select the one that is connected to your PC and right-click on it to choose Properties.
Note: Disconnect one of the adapters connected to your PC, in case both Ethernet and Wi-Fi are enabled & connected to your system.
- Next, choose TCP/IPv4 protocol version and tap on Properties
- In the next dialog box, click on the radio button that states ‘Obtain an IP address automatically’ and ‘Obtain DNS server address automatically.’
Finally, click OK button to save the changes.
Try login AO.L. Desktop gold again and see- if it connects online or not!
Still AO.L. Desktop Gold won’t connect to internet?
Reach Desktop Gold professionals @ 1-855-500-8462 (toll-free)
Solution 4: Fix your Network Card
When AO.L. Desktop gold won’t connect to Internet, disable-> then, enable your network card to see if that fixes your issue. However, if that doesn’t seem to resolve your error-uninstall the card.
Check out the steps herein for detailed process:
- Type ncpa.cpl in search field after you click on Start
- Right-click on currently enabled network and choose Disable option.
- After 15 seconds, again right-click on same network adapter and select Enable option.
However, if this doesn’t help get an IP address, follow the next steps in queue.
- Click on Windows Start button and type Device Manager in the search field.
- Search for Network adapters in the list and expand this option.
- Lastly, right-click on Network card that you’re using for Internet access and tap on Uninstall.
Note: After this last action, restart your system i.e. PC because your OS will reinstall the repaired network card automatically.
Solution 5: Update System Drivers
Before upgrading Windows OS, it’s vital to confirm that your hardware will stay compatible with the new OS. That means you need to download the latest driver versions, for your older machine peripherals.
Else, AO.L. Gold will stop working in new OS.
Note: Before you update network card drivers on your PC, test your device for the OS version that you want to install.
- Through a reliable source, download Network card drivers on your PC. OR you may ask our experts to get them for you.
- Later, install those network card drivers on your device and see- if that fixes your Desktop gold won’t connect to Internet issue.
For more, you must keep your AO.L. Desktop Gold updated. See, how to fix AO.L. Gold Automatic Update Function.
Solution 6: Reset TCP/IP
When AO.L. Desktop Gold is still without Internet on your PC then, reset the TCP/IP stack with following steps:
- Open command prompt window through start button.
- Then, type the following commands, without any changes:
Note: These commands will overwrite the registry keys used by TCP/IP. Also, don’t forget to mention the log file name- “resetlog.txt” while you run the command manually.
Important: You must be logged in as administrator to perform these steps.
Solution 7: Reinstall AO.L. Desktop Gold
Don’t forget to check your AO.L. Gold program-as it might get infected by malware.
- Run a PC scanner tool to confirm the presence of any suspicious element.
- Later, uninstall the AO.L. Gold program from your PC.
- Download AO.L. Desktop gold again but this time, from a reliable source and install it properly.
See How to Install AO.L. Desktop Gold without any error.
Troubled by AO.L. Desktop Gold Internet connection issue?
Contact the Support team on 1-855-500-8462 (toll-free)
Troubleshoot AO.L. Desktop Gold won’t Connect to Internet Issue
If AO.L. Desktop Gold can’t connect to router network through any of your devices, then you must right away start with the troubleshooting of your broadband network.
Check the physical connection
A loose or worn out connections and cable are generally responsible for AO.L. Desktop Gold broadband problem.
Thus, ensure all the connections and cables are connected properly on the plug and to the device.
However, if you suspect that there’s any loose connection or damaged cable- replace it immediately!
Reboot your Modem/Router
You must not leave one of this easiest ways to fix your broadband connection and get AO.L. Desktop Gold back in working gear. For this operation, all you have to do is:
- Turn off your modem and router by pressing the respective power button on devices.
- Then, leave both the devices for around 5 minutes and then, again press the power button to turn on modem and router.
Note: In case, you can’t locate Power button on router, simply unplug the power cable and then, plug it back after 30 seconds.
If restarting your router, modem, and all other connected devices don’t seem to help you get rid of the no Internet AO.L. Desktop Gold issue then, reset your router.
Being the last resort step in the troubleshooting section, it will erase all the wireless settings on your router.
So, the steps for this process are:
- Unplug all the power cable connected to the router.
- Locate the reset button on router. Most of the time, you can see it on router’s However, if it’s not there-check router’s top and sides.
Note: This reset button is located inside a small hole. So, take a small paper clip to press and hold the reset button for around 10-20 seconds.
- When you again see the blinking green or white color light, release the reset button.
- Finally, when the LEDs on router lights up, you may connect the router to network cables.
- At last, if it’s only your PC that is not allowing AO.L. Desktop to run then, check the wireless security settings. It must support security standards like WPA2; else your Desktop gold won’t connect to Internet.
While following any of the above solutions, if your AO.L. Gold goes missing from Desktop, learn how to recover missing AO.L. Desktop Gold icon.
READ MORE: How to recover Missing AO.L. Contacts.
Contact Email Desktop Gold Experts
AO.L. Desktop gold without Internet issue- needs experts’ advice in following situations:
- If too much spam is originating from your IP address, there’re high chances of your Internet connection has been blocked. So, ask the experts to help you get out of it.
- Other than this, if your system is infected by some virus or any malicious software then, it might be using your internet connection to block certain programs like AO.L. Desktop Gold. Thus, to fix any bot-net attacks, let Desktop Gold experts help you.
Hopefully, one of the above troubleshooting for AO.L. Desktop gold won’t connect to Internet - will help you. If not, simply dial 855-500-8462 to let Desktop Gold team reach you for further assistance.