Fix: AOL Desktop Gold icon Missing Problem | Icon got disappeared
AOL Desktop Gold icon missing is one of the most common error that users face, even after successful AOL Desktop Gold download & installation.
If you’re also troubled by this disappeared AOL Gold icon problem, check out the post below!
The guide herein will help you learn how to fix missing AOL Desktop Gold icon & also, know what causes it.
AOL Desktop Gold Icon Missing- Basic Troubleshoot
AOL troubled users, who haven’t tried even a single method to fix ‘AOL Desktop Gold Icon got disappeared’ issue, should start from here!
Simple Troubleshoot for AOL Icon Shortcut missing
Sometimes, changes in computer’s settings cause the disappearance of Desktop icon of AOL Desktop Gold. And, to fix this issue in minutes, you must:
- Right-click on PC’s desktop screen and select ‘View’ option from the submenu.
- In the next step, search and select the ‘Show Desktop icons’ from the list (in case, the option is unchecked).
- After this, press F5 or ‘refresh’ button to apply the changes.
- In case nothing happens, you may restart the system.
If the “show desktop icons” option is already selected, then look for the solution to lost AOL Desktop Gold icon problem ahead.
Check and Discard any Malicious Software
Some of the vulnerable viruses, Trojan, or worms take full control over the system & cause Disappearance of the AOL Gold icon.
To inspect and remove such computer viruses, follow the steps defined ahead.
- Download any reliable PC scanner tool, in case there isn’t any installed on your PC. Then, double-click on anti-virus icon to start the system scan.
Note: Before the procedure starts, select ‘whole system scan’ from the prompt.
- Once the PC scan finishes, you’ll get a list of malware on the system (in case, if there’s any).
- Next, right-click on the viruses one-by-one and select ‘Delete’ button to remove those elements from the system.
- After the action completes, you can see the status as ‘Deleted’ in the same window.
Important: Make sure to restart your system after the process completes. Most probably this will fix AOL Desktop Gold icon missing problem.
Add AOL shortcut icon to desktop
To restore a missing AOL Desktop Gold Icon or Shortcut, recreate the icon through installed AOL files on system. For this,
- Go to My Computer-> Drive C-> Program Files-> AOL.
- Then, search for the AOL Desktop gold icon in the folder.
- Next, right click on it and select ‘create Desktop shortcut’ option from the submenu.
- You can drag the icon simply, from application onto the desktop screen and restore missing AOL Gold icon.
You Can now see AOL Desktop Gold icon on Pc’s screen of Window system.
To add AOL icon to Mac desktop, if facing issue ask experts!
Keep AOL Icon in Dock option
By storing AOL Gold icon in dock option, you may prevent the disappearance of the AOL Gold icon. All you have to do is:
- Launch AOL Desktop Gold software on your computer.
- Next, place the mouse pointer over the AOL Desktop Gold icon in the dock.
- Then, select the option “keep it in the dock” from the list.
The steps herein are independent.
However, if none of these basic steps restore missing AOL Gold icon or shortcut or else, you want to know: how to pin AOL.com to your Windows 10 Start Menu, go for advanced troubleshooting!
Still, Facing AOL Desktop Gold Icon missing problem, Contact Support team
Call 1-855-500-8462 for instant Fix
Advanced Fix to AOL Desktop Gold Icon Missing Problem
If you’re still struggling with-“how to get AOL Gold icon on desktop” query, stop trying useless methods & start with the genuine & worthy solutions.
Solution 1: Remove AOL broken shortcuts from desktop
When AOL Gold keeps disappearing from computer, it implies there's a broken icon. And, to restore missing AOL icon or shortcut, you can opt for one of the below-suggested solutions:
- Re-create the AOL Desktop Gold icon from installed AOL files on the system.
- Download AOL Desktop Gold and re-install the software.
- Create a folder on the desktop and keep the icons in it.
In case, none of these solutions helps you, get to the next troubleshooting steps and fix AOL Desktop Gold icon got disappeared issue.
Solution 2: Turn off System Maintenance Troubleshooter
AOL Desktop Gold icon missing from the desktop screen can turn annoying- at times!
In case, you have more than four broken shortcuts on your desktop other than Desktop Gold, turn off the System Maintenance in PC. However, this action will disable all the maintenance tasks performed at the backend in system. Therefore, we recommend practising this at last!
Now, to disable the System Maintenance troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- Click Start button and then, tap on Control Panel.
- Next, search for System and Security option and click on ‘Find and fix problems.’
- Followed by it, click on ‘Change settings’ option in the left pane to navigate on next screen.
- Under ‘Computer maintenance,’ select the ‘Off’ radio button to disable system maintenance.
Note: If you can’t find ‘System and Security’ in Control Panel then, change the view. To do so,
- Click the down-arrow in 'View by' to choose Category (located in the top right corner of the Control Panel).
Solution 3: Disable Task Scheduler
PC’s task scheduler can be the reason for AOL gold icon keeps removing itself from computer. Because, it’s work is to delete broken files from the system.
Now, to prevent the task scheduler from running, disable it in the task. For detailed steps, refer below:
- Click on Start window icon and tap on Programs option from the list.
- Then, select Accessories and further ‘System tools’ to open the task scheduler’s window.
- Expand the tree in left-pane and select Microsoft folder from it.
- Followed by it, click on Windows-> and then, on ‘Diagnosis’ option to open the schedule in the centre pane.
- Right-click on the available schedule and choose ‘Disable’ option from the menu. Also, change the time on your computer.
Note: Restart the system and restore missing AOL Gold icon on desktop screen! In case, you can't find AOL desktop gold icon on desktop, recreate a new one (for steps, refer solution 2).
Solution 4: Clear Icon.db Cache file
Do you have lots of shortcut icons and installed applications on the system? If that’s a yes, the question itself explains the cause of your AOL Desktop Gold icon missing issue.
So, to fix it:
- Open the Run window through start menu and type "regedit" to open registry editor window.
- Next, click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the left pane and further keep on selecting the options as given in the order below:
- Then, change the "Max Cached Icons" to 10000 from any other value. You can even select value larger than 10000.
Note: Upper and Lowercase SENSITIVE
- In case, the “Max cached icons” doesn't exist, create it as new "string” and reboot the PC.
- After that, go to "C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local" and right-click on ‘IconCache.db’ file and select delete option. Lastly, reboot again.
With this advanced troubleshooting, hope you can get the missing AOL Gold icon on desktop.
Still, troubled by AOL Desktop Gold Icon missing problem, Contact Support team on 1-855-500-8462 for instant Fix
Solution 5: Troubleshoot through System tray
Sometimes, missing AOL Gold icon in the system tray (i.e., in taskbar near system clock) troubles AOL users a lot!
If looking to fix this AOL Gold icon disappearing problem, follow these steps.
- Take the mouse pointer near the system clock in the taskbar and click on Expand icon Image.
- Next, look for the AOL Desktop Gold icon image in the tray. If it’s available, right-click on the AOL Desktop Gold icon Image to create AOL Gold shortcut.
- However, if you can’t find Desktop gold icon in system tray, go to program files and go for AOL desktop icon download for the desktop screen.
With this, you can restore the missing AOL Gold icon on desktop.
Now, click on the Desktop Gold icon to launch the AOL Desktop Gold software. However, if AOL Desktop Gold icon is not responding, refer the guide to fix AOL Gold icon not working problem.
Hope the guide helps you fix AOL Desktop Gold icon missing problem. In case, the problem persists, or you can’t get through the steps, contact Desktop Gold experts on 855-500-8462.