Aol Desktop Gold
Can’t fix AOL Desktop Gold error 205 | (Recommended Fix)
Has AOL Desktop Gold error 205 stopped you from accessing mails, chats, and other functions on the software?
As, soon you click on the OK or close button of the error 205 dialog box, do you see the AOL Gold program crashing?
If you see any of these symptoms, check out the right solution ahead to fix it.
From this post, you’ll find:
- Signs of AOL Gold error 205
- Reasons that keep triggering problem 205 in Desktop Gold every time
- Permanent Solution to AOL Desktop Gold issue-205
- Some relating questions that are frequently asked
Symptoms of Error code 205 in Desktop Gold screen
Without telling much on 205 AOL Desktop issue, let’s have a glance over its signs:
- You’ll see a dialog box with 205 error code
- Your Desktop Gold program keeps crashing every time you try opening it
- Windows or Mac OS run slowly (in fact the mouse or keyboard also run slowly) as soon you open AOL Gold
- System freezes for a while when you try opening AOL Desktop Gold
For AOL Desktop Gold not launching, you may refer AOL Desktop Gold not responding guide.
What causes issue 205 to display in AOL Desktop Gold?
Here is a list of reasons:
Corrupt Windows Registry
The issue majorly arises when you do not power off the device properly. As a result, the system files do not close down and get corrupt.
Incomplete AOL Desktop Gold download/Install
If you are seeing this error right after downloading AOL Gold then, recall if you have sued your device in-between.
In that case, there are chances that error 205 in Desktop Gold occurred because of incomplete operation.
Intruders like Trojan, Virus, or Worms may badly affect all the installed programs on your device that also includes AOL Desktop Gold.
Corrupt AOL Desktop Gold program
Incomplete download, install, infected files, or poor Internet are some of the reasons for AOL Gold files to get corrupt.
Incompatible changes in Web Settings
If you have recently made any changes in your device network settings to make it work for another program then, you know what has made AOL Desktop gold error 205 to pop-up.
Incompatible Device Specs
Being an AOL Gold user, you must be aware that there are certain system requirements that must be fulfilled to download AOL Desktop Gold.
These prerequisites keep changing, so that can also be one of the reasons!
It’s hardware in computer, laptop, and mobile that is vital to run any program like AOL Desktop gold.
If by chance it gets infected or corrupt- you won’t be able to download or reinstall Desktop Gold on your device.
Firewall & Other Security Software
On the list of your security software-if, AOL Desktop Gold program gets listed- then, the issue 205 will keep displaying no matter what you try!
Enabled Proxy or VPN
Internet connection is important to run AOL Gold. If your router keeps losing connection, then you will never be able to get the running Desktop Gold on your device.
Certain extensions ask to control your device before getting installed on the system. If that’s what you have done recently then, you know how to solve AOL downloading error 205.
Need help to fix AOL Gold error 205?
Contact Email Desktop Gold Support team @855-500-8462
Troubleshoot: AOL Desktop Gold error 205
If you really looking forward to remove AOL error 205 from your Desktop screen then, here are the fixes for you:
Important: If you are good with technical stuff, take email desktop gold experts help to follow these steps. As, a slight mistake can damage complete hardware system of your machine!
- To fix the corrupt Windows registry, you need the setup CD of your OS. After that, you can start with the following solution:
- Insert the CD in disk drive and restart your system. As soon the device starts, press any key to boot from CD.
- Now, press R on the keyboard to enter the Repair console window.
- Type the admin password of your device and open command prompt.
- Next, type the commands (given below in image) in sequence and press ENTER after each command.
- Press Exit option and also remove the CD.
- Open your Device in Safe Mode and from My Computer screen go to Tools->Folder Options-> Show hidden files and folders -> and select Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) check box.
- Now, copy the following files to Tmp folder in C:/ drive.
- Afterward, open command prompt and execute each command in image:
- Lastly, when the registry file repair process completes, restore your device to earlier stage.
Still can’t get rid of AOL Gold error 205? - Here’re more Troubleshooting steps
If system registry repair isn’t the cause of your problem 205 then, you need following fixes to solve the problem:
- First and foremost, scan your device and remove any malware present on system.
- If it’s done, disable the proxy server and VPN settings from network adapter section of device.
- Followed by it, temporarily disable all third-party security software and firewall to check- if the issue resolves.
- Also, do not forget to check the AOL Desktop Gold system requirements as, they play a vital role.
- Next, disable all recently activated and installed Ad-on and extensions on your device.
- Reset web settings. If you failed to change the settings then, see how to set AOL Desktop Gold as a default browser.
- In case, none of the above steps seems of any help that implies the conditions have worsened.
And, you need to download Gold AOL Desktop from a reliable source again.
- After it’s done, run your device in compatibility mode and install the program.
Still can’t fix AOL Desktop Gold error 205?
Ask Email Desktop Gold team @855-500-8462 for fix