Aol Desktop Gold
AOL Desktop Gold error 137 | Problem Solved
Looking to get rid of the AOL desktop Gold error 137 message somewhat like- error 137: ERR_NAME_ RESOLUTION_FAILED?
Find out your troubleshooting steps ahead and learn to fix AOL Desktop Gold error 137 both manually and automatically.
In fact, while you go through each section in guide, you'll learn:
- Meaning of AOL Desktop Gold error 137
- Symptoms of 137 error apart from the message one
- What causes Desktop Gold error 137
- Troubleshooting steps to fix AOL Error code 137
And, by the end- you’ll have an error-free AOL Gold running at your PC.
Now- LET us begin with the post!
What is AOL Desktop Gold error 137?
When your Internet connection breaks all of a sudden while you are installing, deleting, or uninstalling AOL Desktop gold on device, that’s the moment you get an error 137. Actually, the error message is not spontaneous; it appears later when you try to indulge in AOL Gold activities like news, chats, and mails.
Technically, this error tries to convey that your system files are damaged and contains wrong or misleading information.
So, what can be done to fix it?????????
Find this out below!
Signs of error 137 ERR_ NAME_RESOLUTION _FAILED on AOL
As, said earlier this issue can arise either due to an application failure or if something went wrong on a browser window.
Whatever- is your case, the following signs can be noted in both situations.
The symptoms of error code 137 are:
- In-page error pop-up
- Input-output error pop-up
Why AOL Gold error code 137 pop-ups on screen?
If you can’t find the above signs in your PC- not to worry!
Simply, continue with the list of causes and solutions ahead. You will surely end up getting error-free AOL Gold.
So, let’s jump right in!!
#Reason 1: Partial Install, Uninstall, or Delete
When AOL Desktop Gold install, uninstall, delete, or update function aborts suddenly prior to completion, it damages the windows system files.
As a result, when you try to access or perform any activity on AOL Gold, it interrupts you every time with an error code 137.
#Reason 2: No Proper Shutdown
Closing the PC right-away from the power button on machine causes some of the running files of AOL to stay back on registry.
And, when you restart the PC and open AOL Gold, a message gets prompted with error number 137.
Note: This majorly happens because sudden shutdown causes the AOL program to enter a boot loop state.
You may refer the guide: AOL Desktop Gold not responding as well to fix the issue.
#Reason 3: Virus/Adware/Spyware attack
Being a windows user, you must be aware of the after-effects of malicious software. Simply put, if the malware takes control over your AOL Gold program then, it can delete, modify, or add anonymous files to the application folder.
So, if you detect virus in your device- you know what’s need to be done to remove AOL Desktop Gold error 137.
#Reason 4: No Permit to load Internet
Red, amber, or no light on router/modem can stop a user from accessing the Internet. Damaged DSL, power cords, and Ethernet cables are some of the other reason that can highly contribute to Error: 137 - ERR_ NAME_RESOLUTION _FAILED on AOL.
#Reason 5: Incorrect Internet settings
Besides hardware, you cannot ignore the software reasons associated with router and network. Simply put, wrong network configuration also plays a great role in AOL error 137.
This can also be termed as an incompatible system service for the device OS.
#Reason 6: Corrupt Windows socket settings
Disturbance in windows socket settings of TCP/IP stack caused by malware or any two programs that come in each other contact- can also trigger error 137 in Desktop Gold.
Apart from above major reasons, the list also includes: corrupt DNS settings, overflowed cache, and conflicting.DLL files.
Still seeing Error: 137 - ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED on AOL Gold?
Contact Email Experts @ 855-500-8462 for solution
Solution for AOL Desktop Gold error 137
After you have confirmed the signs and causes of getting an error 137 on AOL Gold, it’s time to execute the relating solutions.
If in any case, you are unable to find the signs and reasons, don’t worry! Simply, implement each solution in a defined sequence unless your problem resolves.
Solution 1: System restoration
If you see AOL error 137 all of a sudden after making certain changes in device settings then, it’s wise to restore your PC to earlier settings. As, it may help you no more see error 137 on Desktop Gold screen.
The steps of this procedure are as follows:
- Turn on your PC and login as administrator.
- Next, navigate through Programs-> Accessories-> System Tools and reach System restore option.
- Click on System Restore and choose ‘Restore my computer to an earlier time.’
- Then, select your system restore point from the opened list and tap on Next to confirm the action.
- Wait for a while and allow the process to complete.
- Once it’s done, restart your computer and allow system restore process to return to previous time.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Download new drivers
To fix AOL Desktop Gold error 137, it’s vital to fix the system files that also include drivers.
But, which drivers are exactly being talked here??
Stop thinking- these are just Network and computer drivers. So, without any delay- let us start with the troubleshooting process:
Note: Before you head towards the below steps, make sure your device has good Internet access, Otherwise, consult your ISP for the speed fix.
- Open Device Manager from Windows start menu.
- Expand the Computer option and right-click on the available devices to choose Uninstall driver.
- Likewise, choose ‘uninstall driver’ option for the network devices.
- Next, under computer, again right-click on the available device and choose install driver. Repeat the same process for network drivers.
Important: It is done to remove any corrupt driver files lying in the system.
Else, you may choose ‘Update driver’ option as well.
Solution 3: Clear Windows Cache
You can either opt for a simple procedure or go with the commands run to delete all the temporary files in cache.
Pick your choice below and follow the steps as given:
Clear device cache with Run command
The process will help clear all the Windows cache. To apply it:
- Type RUN in Windows start search field and hit ENTER.
- Next, type the command-“WSReset.exe” without inverted commas in the provided field.
- Tap on OK button and wait for all the Windows cache to get clear.
In case, the command gives an error, you may try the following steps:
- Open Control panel from Windows Start menu.
- Go to Settings-> Privacy-> and Location in the left panel.
- Then, click on CLEAR button to remove all the cache stored in Windows device.
Need help to resolve AOL error 137-No Internet?
Call Email Desktop Gold Support team @ 855-500-8462
Solution 4: Troubleshoot Router, modem, and Network
To implement this solution, follow as said:
- Check the power cords connected to router and modem. If found damages, replace them immediately.
- Next, power cycle your router, modem, and other network equipment for complete reboot of devices.
- If you see red, amber, no LED lightning on router or modem then, troubleshoot them first.
- In case, you see no hardware issue then, reset router and configure it again to remove any incorrect router settings.
- For Internet error still not resolving, check the router connection with the device. For this, open command prompt-> type the command “ping<IP address>” without inverted commas.
- If you see a packet loss that implies there is no connection between the router and PC. You may ask the experts support for it.
Solution 5: Scan System Files
Right from the beginning, it is stated that infected and damaged system files are the major cause of AOL Desktop gold error 137.
Thus, to find and repair those files- here are the steps:
- Reboot your device and make sure to login as administrator.
- Next, open command prompt from device start menu and type the command-
- Next, hit ENTER.
Note: This command will scan all the protected system files and replace the incorrect ones with the new versions.
In case, the error is found in AOL files which aren’t resolved then, uninstall old Desktop and go for new AOL Desktop Gold reinstall. It will clear all the infected files from device.
Solution 6: Use Open DNS
To configure these settings:
- Open Network and sharing center window from the system tray.
- Go to Control panel and search Network sharing center option.
- Right-click on your current LAN or broadband network and click on Properties.
- From the opened Internet Properties, choose IPv4 and tap on properties button.
- Next, under DNS server address settings, use the following DNS server values:
Preferred DNS: 184.108.40.206
Alternative DNS: 220.127.116.11
- Lastly, click on OK and check if your error resolves or not.
Solution 7: Use Netsh Winsock Reset command
For executing this solution, you need to open command prompt as administrator from Start menu.
To do so:
- Right-click on command prompt option and choose Run as administrator.
- Next, type the following commands in cmd window one-by-one and hit ENTER after each.
The terms are as follows:
nets hint ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
- Close the window and restart your Windows PC.
After applying all the solutions, if your AOL Desktop Gold error 137 still persists, download AOL Desktop Gold again and install it.
Can’t get rid of AOL Gold error 137?
Ask Email Desktop Gold Support team @ 855-500-8462 for help