Aol Desktop Gold
AO.L. Contacts Missing | Address Book has disappeared on AO.L. Gold
Do you find your AO.L. contacts missing from Desktop Gold or AO.L. mail account?
Then, follow the suggestions, tips, and troubleshooting steps- given ahead to restore missing contacts in desktop gold.
Address Book has disappeared on AO.L. Gold: Know Your Answer!!
If AO.L. address book contacts will appear to be missing in Desktop Gold software or mail server then, follow the further defined troubleshooting steps one-by-one, unless your problem is resolved.
Verify Network Connection
- Simply start by checking your Internet connection. For this, open any website! If you aren’t able to launch any webpage successfully, then troubleshoot your broadband connection.
- For this, you may start with the verification of physical connections. In case, everything is alright at your END then, contact your ISP for Internet
Note: If you still can’t get online reach Email Desktop gold experts for further assistance.
You may also try to fix the error by reading AOL Desktop gold not Opening/Working guide.
Check AOL webmail
- Next, login AOL mail account and check if the contact list gone from the new AOL or not! If the contacts are there, sign out of AOL mail account and sign in AOL Desktop Gold account.
- However, if still-AOL contact missing, then uninstall the old installed Desktop gold software and reinstall new AOL Desktop Gold.
All AOL contacts are gone and can’t restore?
Call Desktop Gold team
@1-855-500-8462 for Solution
Run AOL Address book Sync
The steps are important to synchronize both AOL mail and Desktop Gold account with each other.
Important: Follow these steps only if you can see your AOL contacts in mail account but not Desktop Gold.
- Login aol.com and AOL Desktop Gold account that is not displaying your address book.
- Go to fixit.aol.com and click on ‘Run’ button.
- Next, follow on-screen instructions to complete the AOL address book sync process.
- Once it completes, you may re-login AOL Desktop Gold account to check, if the missing AOL contacts have restored or not.
- Other than this, you may even export these AOL mail address book. Just above your contacts list, tap on ‘More’ OR ‘Export’.
- Then, select your file type, such as CSV.
- Finally, click on ‘Export’ button to complete the process. Later, import the same file from your PC to AOL Desktop Gold account.
Important: To save any AOL contacts in the AOL mail or Desktop Gold address book, make sure to use only “words” rather than a symbol, apostrophe, or space (as, the feature is no more available)
Post-Windows Live Essentials Update, Can’t Restore AOL Contacts Missing
So, you get error loading AOL Address Book after the windows update?
Generally, the updates have no effect on any of your AOL address book or mails. However, if it has an undesirable effect- restore your system to its previous setting with following steps:
- Click on Start button-> Control Panel. Then, type recovery in the search box of opened window
- Next, choose Recovery-> System Restore-> and, click on Next button
- Select the most recent windows essentials live update from the list and click delete to restore to its previous status.
- In case, you aren’t able to restore the system, make sure the system protection is turned on. To do so, open Control Panel-> select system recovery-> Configure System Restore-> Configure and make sure "system protection" is selected.
However, if you want to permanently delete an installed update from the system:
- Click on Start button-> Open system Settings -> Update & Security-> Windows Update-> Advanced options-> View your update history-> Uninstall updates.
- AT last, select the latest installed update and select Uninstall
With this, restart your PC and login AOL Gold again to find missing Address Book contacts in AOL Desktop Gold.
Other Reasons for AOL Contacts Missing With SOLUTIONS
Address Book Hiding Due to Sorted Category
Simply put, if the AOL contacts book missing - it may be because of the category unselected.
To change the category listing:
- Open your aol.com account with authenticated login credentials
- Then, go to Mail menu and tap on Address Book
- Next, select the category listing and ensure all the AOL contacts listed are selected
- Lastly, close the ‘Address book’ and either refresh AOL Gold program or re-login AOL Desktop Gold account to check if the hidden AOL address book is visible or not.
- However, if you still can’t locate the AOL address book then- we recommend uninstall and reinstall AOL Desktop Gold software.
The steps are quite essential as, they remove all damaged and non-repairable files from the program (that may be otherwise, stopping certain AOL operations like displaying AOL contacts).
Hope this helps! In case, you need more advanced solutions to fix ‘Address Book Is Missing Error in AOL Mail or Desktop Gold’ - please let us KNOW.
Can't Recover deleted AOL mail address book
Call Desktop Gold team
@1-855-500-8462 for Quick Fix
Temporary Internet Files Causes default AOL Contacts Missing
May sound weird but it’s TRUE!
Sometimes, temporary Internet files and cookies on your PC can also cause Address Book to disappear on AOL Gold or mail, and on IE. [Because more saved history list means, more disk space used on your computer].
Therefore, to clear history, cache, and cookies, reset all settings as follows:
- Shut down the browser window (if any, opened)
- Tap on start button and select Programs-> and then, click on the browser you wish to open.
Note: The steps explained ahead are in reference to IE. For other browsers, the steps will be same however, the terms used may differ.
- Click on Tools (at upper-right side of window) and select ‘Internet Options’
- Then, on General tab, click ‘Delete’ button under Browsing history section
- Later, repeat the process under Temporary Internet files section to clear all the cache
- Followed by it, clear cookies- by tapping on ‘Delete Cookies’ button, under its respective section. Similarly, repeat the process under ‘History section’.
- Once all the unnecessary files are deleted from PC, choose ‘Security’ tab and click on ‘Default Level’ button
With this, restart your AOL Desktop Gold or mail account and check, if the AOL contacts missing get recovered or not?
Disabled Java and Cookies
Thus, to fix it:
- Open Programs via Windows Start button and then, open any browser window that you wish to use for AOL mail account
Note: We have explained the steps using IE. For other browsers, the steps may be same however, the terms used may differ.
- Open Tools menu and select Internet options.
- Then, in opened tab, choose ‘Security’ tab-> and, click on ‘Internet’ icon
- Next, tap on Custom level button and scroll down to Active Scripting section to click on Enable radio button.
- Later, under Scripting of Java applets section, again, click on Enable radio button
- Afterward, choose Privacy tab and click on Advanced button
- In the newly opened window, tap on Override automatic cookies handling checkbox-> then, choose Accept option twice and click on OK button
Now, re-login AOL account and check if these steps are able to return all missing ADDRESS BOOK CONTENTS or not!
How do I access my AOL Address Book?- Know Here
Being a new user or unaware of how to open and see AOL contacts in the address book- simply follow these steps:
- Open AOL mail login using aol.com
- Type authenticated login credentials to enter the AOL mail dashboard
- Then, click on Contacts option on the left side of the mail page
- Further, click on ‘Address Book’ to see your AOL contacts.
In case, you are still frustrated due to your AOL contacts missing, then try AOL Desktop Gold Download Link to fix the error OR get the further help with Email Desktop Gold tech support @855-500-8462.
Missing address book from AOL server,
Call Desktop Gold team for Solution