How Can I recover AOL mail account or its password?
To recover AOL mail data or password, you need to complete the below-described process manually.
- Before starting with the process, make sure you’re not running AOL on your system.
- Next, try log on to AOL account with your screen name.
- Then, search your computer with a file named “(your AOL screen name).abi”.
- Usually, the file is placed in the folder named organize. In fact, it has a typical location in the ‘C’ drive.
- Next, go one directory above from the organize folder and rename it as “organize.save”.
- Now, move another directory up and select the folder containing a backup copy of old organize folder in a new window.
- Here, feature the backup organize folder and Press Ctrl+C on keyboard.
- Now, turn to AOL folder window that contains organize.save Highlight the folder and Press Ctrl+V on the keyboard.
- Now, Sign in to AOL and check, if everything is in place or not. If it’s a yes, delete the organize. Save
However, if the process seems complicated, contact Tech Support for AOL to help recover your password or AOL mail account.